To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2251 Jesse Jewell Parkway Northeast
Gainesville, GA 30507
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Tribe Express • Gainesville, GA
Posted 28 days ago
Experience - At least 2 year(s)
Degree - 2 Year Degree
Transportation, Other Great Industries
Information Technology, Professional Services, Other
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
TRIBE Transport, Inc. is one of the fastest growing, double minority, transportation companies in the country! Since our establishment in 2005, we’ve more than doubled in size, and we’re still going TRIBE strong. Our success is thanks to our dedicated and talented TRIBE members, and now we’re looking for more! Come and join the TRIBE.
Here at TRIBE, our computer systems are a priority. The Information Technology Specialist will work to ensure the company has adequate information systems that provide updated software technology, communication, data manipulation, and reporting functions. Our systems allow us to go the great things are we and we are looking for a detail orientated, patient, and dedicated individual to maintain it for us.
- Provides information processing, systems counseling and guidance to management personnel throughout the company.
- Conduct annual internal review of hardware and software systems and forecast future needs / capital.
- Executes security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources through risk analysis, backup management/testing, and staff training.
- Primary support for resolving user technical issues.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and network problems and document problem resolution.
- Act as a resource and train users on computer use and applications as needed.
- Responsible for corporate phone system administration.
- Analyze system logs to identify potential issues and for system performance tuning.
- Install updates for applications residing on servers or workstations.
- Act as technical liaison to vendors for all system applications.
- Configure and connect new workstations and load all required software.
- Configure and maintain servers, firewalls, wireless access equipment, switches, routers and backup devices.
- Configure and maintain system backup software.
- Maintain log and/or list of required systems maintenance.
- Maintain accurate inventory of technology hardware, software and licenses.
- Maintain documentation on system configuration and network maps.
- Maintain a change request log for system and user profile changes.
- Maintain and document user logins with appropriate permissions for network and applications.
- Keeps up-to-date on information and technology affecting functional area(s) to increase innovation and ensure compliance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates’ degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related science or technology field.
- Expertise with TMW.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience managing a system network of at least 2 servers and 15 workstations.
- Understanding of VMware.
- Network knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Remote Access, Network Cabling.
- Understanding of DNS, DHCP, Windows Server, Command Prompts, Windows Registry, Scripts, Group Policy, Active Directory.
- Understanding of best security practices and system vulnerabilities.
- Ability to respond to computer issues after hours.
- Exceptional people skills.
- Ability to train with patience.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related science or technology field.
- Five or more years' experience in all aspects of IT - Systems Administration, Help desk, and Networking.
- Microsoft Certification in Desktop and Server.
- Transportation background a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.