Our client is hiring for an Assistant Controller job in Chicago, IL. You must have a Bachelor's degree in Accounting and ten years of experience. The ideal candidate with be a public private blend with experience leading large teams. This role will have five direct reports and approximately 30 indirect reports. This position gives the opportunity to work with a very prestigious creative service firm in the Loop. There is a defined growth path and the ability to move into other areas within the Organization such as financial planning and analysis down the line. People who come to work for this Organization rarely leave as the turnover is incredibly low. This position also offers a very competitive benefit and compensation package.
The Assistant Controller job responsibilities include:
- Management and mentorship of the Accounts Payable, T&E, Accounts Receivable, Client Billing, General Ledger and Financial Reporting staff.
- Leading the month end and yearly close process
- Analyzing monthly metrics related to working capital
- Process control development
- Primary point person for all internal and external audits
- Coordination between the AP and billing teams
- Assisting the CFO and Controller as needed