To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Auburn Hills, MI
- Paul Kleindl
- Phone: (248) 712-6719
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Automotive Wiring Systems Release Engineer
Systems Technology Group • Auburn Hills, MI
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Systems Technology Group (STG) has immediate opening for Automotive Wiring Systems Release Engineer for our direct client in Auburn Hills, MI. Duration (4+ months).
Work Schedule: M-F, 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Travel Requirements: May be required to drive a company car. Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record. Will be required to travel domestically and internationally (20 -40%).
The Power and Signal Distribution (PASD) Wiring Systems Engineer is responsible for managing logical connectivity data for a wiring program. The additional responsibilities include harness topology and partitioning and the harness complexity to product plan including give away circuit management. The candidate will be responsible for sales coding of all circuits in i-speed or Zuken for Real harness and NX linking and will be responsible for complete electrical connectivity design for vehicle including wire-list and DEF files for composite harness design, load analysis, voltage drop calculations circuit sizing, in-line connector pin count determination and circuit protection. The candidate must also be able to work with the Connector Engineer, PDC Engineer and vehicle architecture and systems engineers to manage all electrical aspects of the wiring design.
- Design and release of wiring harness assemblies and related components
- Coordinate drawing creation CAD release in Teamcenter and validation of released components in the vehicle and component environments
- Support manufacturing facilities for entire life cycle and manage a supplier engineering support team
- Manage large amounts of data and be very comfortable working in corporate computer systems
*STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid vacations and paid holidays. For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com
- Minimum of 3 years of transportation wiring design and release experience or vehicle electrical system experience
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record
- Excellent communication skills that include writing, creation and presentation of management level high quality presentation materials and reports
- Proficient in MS Office suite of tools including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of CAD systems (NX, CATIA)
- Fluency in Italian and / or Spanish would be desirable
- Experience in high volume manufacturing facilities
- Familiarity with wiring harness drawings and specifications for automotive applications
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Master of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university - preferred
- Training in DFMEA DVP&R and DFSS development tools and processes