To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- East Hampton, NY 11937
- Nicholas Schleifer
- Phone: 631-414-4204
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Bookkeeper For Entrepreneur
Marcum Search LLC • East Hampton, NY
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, a highly successful entrepreneur, with holdings in upscale hospitality, retail and residential real estate is seeking a Full Charge Bookkeeper. This is an excellent opportunity to be the right hand financial person to a very successful entrepreneur and make the financial function their own. He or she will initially be responsible for the books and records of the hospitality entity and retail business and, over time, will be transitioned to maintaining the personal books and records of the entrepreneur. He or she will be responsible for:
- Transition to in-house all books and records from an outsourced bookkeeping service
- Implementation of Quickbooks or similar software
- Creating the chart of accounts to ensure actionable reporting
- Managing Accounts Receivable (primarily credit card payments)
- Managing the Accounts Payable function (including the proper coding of invoices)
- Maintaining W9 and proper distribution of 1099’s
- Processing payroll through outsourced payroll company
- Analysis and reconciliation of General Ledger accounts
- Perform bank reconciliations
- Preparation of periodic financial statements
- Preparation and filing of Payroll and Sales/Use tax returns
- Assist outside CPA firm with year-end close and schedules for tax filings
The ideal candidate for this role will have 10+ years of related Full Charge Bookkeeping experience with experience reporting to a President/Owner/Entrepreneur. He or she must have strong Quickbooks and MS Excel skills combined with the ability to work independently, maintain the highest level of discretion and have strong written and verbal communication skills.
Marcum Search LLC offers premier professional recruiting services. Building on Marcum Group's personalized approach to accounting and financial services, the members of our in-house recruiting team have our clients' best interests in mind. Our customized process allows us to better understand the specific needs and objectives of clients and candidates alike. Our professional recruiters recognize the importance of working closely with companies and prospective candidates to ensure the perfect match. Each member of our leadership team has senior-level, industry-specific credentials and experience. It is our mission to find the people who possess the precise skill set and qualifications that companies seek. Marcum Search LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer