To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
24461 Oak Grove Lane
Sedalia, MO 65301
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Diesel Truck Mechanic- Sedalia
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Position Summary: Perform major mechanical repairs with minimal supervision to ensure proper performance and safety of district vehicles.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Evaluate mechanical problems in vehicles using diagnostic equipment.
- Help mechanics evaluate minor mechanical problems, and inspect repairs completed.
- Rebuild, replace, or repair major vehicle components, assemblies, and systems including engines,
- Transmissions, suspensions, etc.
- Check and repair electrical and cooling systems, and install heaters and similar accessories.
- Do welding and perform minor body work.
- Estimate time and materials required to perform major repairs.
- Analyze engine performance and perform tune-ups as needed.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance and preventive care.
- Maintain accurate, updated preventive maintenance records
- Operate tools, equipment, and machinery according to prescribed safety procedures.
- Follow established safety procedures and techniques to perform job duties.
- Ensure shop, equipment, and tools are in safe operating condition.
- Correct unsafe conditions in work area and report any conditions that are not correctable to supervisor immediately.
- High School diploma or G.E.D
- 1-2 years’ experience as a mechanic
- Background and drug screenings will be administered
- 3 years as a Heavy Truck Technician / Mechanic
- 1 year of Hydraulic Repairs / Experience
- Problem solving/ Analysis
- Developing others/ Coaching
- Ethical conduct
- Communication proficiency
- Active listening
- Personal effectiveness/ Crediability
Work Environment The Mechanic must work outside in all different weather conditions including extreme cold and extreme heat. The Mechanic may exposed to unpleasant sights and smells. He/she may at times be exposed to dangerous and/or toxic substances and must take necessary precautions
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Moderate walking, standing, climbing, heavy lifting, carrying, stooping, bending, kneeling, and reaching. Work outside and inside, around moving objects, vehicles, and machinery with moving parts. Exposure to dampness and humidity, toxic chemicals, exhaust fumes, gasoline, and diesel fuel.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work Work day varies from 6-12 hours depending on route type, day of the week, and seasonal variations, Schedule is generally 40-55 hours a week and may be up to 60.