To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Applications Engineering Manager
A leader in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing • US-Nationwide
Posted 15 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
This is a full time role located in Upstate New York
This position is with a global leader in the design and manufacture of advanced automation and assembly equipment solutions.
Applications Engineering Manager
Directly supervises and coordinates the activities of factory based applications team engaged in Platform and Solutions Marketing Applications and Peripherals Development. Determines customer’s existing and evolving technical application needs and applies or adapts company products to satisfy those needs. Provides support both before and after sale, coordinates all issues with marketing, field applications and systems engineering teams to insure accurate, detailed understanding and timely resolution of customer expectations and ongoing requirements.
Principal Accountabilities (Functional)
- Coordinates with market manager and engineering, as well as the global sales force (direct and indirect), to define and validate market requirements for platforms and solutions
- Deploy employee development and workforce planning and utilization programs to satisfy actual and projected application engineering requirements.
- Sets solution priorities in consultation with market manager
- Develop and deploy statistical analysis tools for identification of accuracy issues and resolution
- Work with engineering to conceptualize and define feasible solution alternatives
- Develop and deploy applications level solutions development capability, including system programming, SECs/GEM networking and tooling
- Develop and deploy simulation tools to prepare solution ROI analysis for customer
- Develop solution configurations and quotes, in consultation with market segment manager
- Develop presentations and proposals to explain solution benefits and value to customer
- Present papers at trade show and technical seminars to enhance UIC reputation
- Support field applications to achieve successful deployment of customer applications onsite
- Helps define customer-oriented solutions which are competitive and market- leading in the markets and segments that Universal Instruments defines as markets of importance.
Principal Accountabilities (General Supervisory)
- Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the co. policies and applicable State and Federal laws, including interviewing, hiring, training employees, planning, assigning and directing work and appraising performance.
- Interprets company policies to employees and enforces all safety regulations.
- Assures efficient and economical utilization of materials, improvement of methods, and elimination of wasteful practices within the department; may include budget development and control.
- Develops workforce planning and utilization programs to satisfy actual and projected requirements. Includes the scheduling of overtime and cost/effective use of temporary services.
- Implements cross-training activities and plans for employees under his/her direction with specific attention toward the development of a highly flexible work force.
- Establishes and implements team/individual objectives, including the measurement and documentation of the progress of each employee toward the established goals.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists employees in solving work-related problems.
- Exhibits a culture of accountability, a “refuse to lose" attitude and an ability to move the organization forward with a sense of urgency.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- High energy, motivation and persistent drive for results.
- Sense of urgency and ability to close issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional global teams in a matrix organization.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- High accountability and strong work ethic.
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills; ability to make effective customer presentations.
- Industry product and process domain knowledge for electronics assembly automation.
- BS in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and three to five years of experience OR an Associate’s Degree and 8-9 years of related experience. Extensive experience with electronics packaging and assembly equipment desired. Supervisory experience preferred.
- Responsibility for Quality Procedures or Direct Product Quality.
- Adheres to Company Quality System policies and procedures and uses Total Cycle Time principles and standard problem solving tools to continuously improve work processes.