MUST SPEAK ENGLISH AND SPANISH!
To perform this job successfully, the Maintenance Supervisor is required to perform routine and extensive preventative maintenance and repair procedures. This position may require computer operation of mechanical equipment and utility systems as well as electrical repairs and general building repairs. Team work is expected and required at all times. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position.
As a team member of KW PROPERTY MANAGEMENT & CONSULTING, you are expected to understand and support the mission statement of the company and practice our GREAT values every day. These values include but are not limited to greeting and smiling; showing respect with name recognition and eye contact; accepting the empowerment to exceed everyone's expectations and showing enthusiasm for your position and duties; being accountable to show a positive attitude and accountable for your actions; and be trustworthy in your duties and transparent in everything you do. These are our GREAT values and part of your work practices and expected as part of your daily activities while working at KW Property Management and Consulting.
Duties and Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
As a key employee liaison between the client and KWPM services & internal support staff, the Maintenance Supervisor must perform the job duties with a view toward projecting a professional and competent image: Service to the customer in a friendly and outgoing manner is essential, while timeliness and professional appearance are key.
The position is fundamental to the operational functions of the Property and as such requires established organizational skills, with attention to detail and solid time management, and good interpersonal skills. Below are some fundamental responsibilities of the job;
- Supervise and assign tasks to the maintenance staff.
- Perform electric work and repair air conditioners in the property.
- Maintain and keep full stock of materials needed to complete work order.
- Receive and complete work orders from residents.
- Handle and work along with property vendors on jobs performed in the property.
- Maintain records of scheduled maintenance procedures.
- Obtain estimates for supplies and repair parts. Order parts and supplies as needed.
- Maintain all work and common areas clean and free from debris.
- Supervise trash pick-up of all common areas and property.
- Respond to emergency maintenance requests as required.
- Repair electrical locks and control panels to maintain property security.
- Repair broken windows, doors, door locks, and closets.
- Touch up paint where needed.
- Replace broken tiles and bricks around the property.
- Replace and fix decks in common areas.
- Replace light bulbs in common areas.
Supervisory Responsibility; this position will supervise the Maintenance department.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work will be determined by the property. This schedule may change to accommodate the business needs of the property.
There may be some travel for meetings and trainings
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum two (2) years general experience in building trades, repair and replacement maintenance or handy-work.
- Experience in supervising team members.
- Position requires occasional exposure to the outdoor climate and weather conditions.
- Must have the ability to drive for work purposes in case there is a need for the property urgently.
- Must have the ability to react and address all emergency situations in a timely manner. Must be available for emergency calls.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to provide professional written reports and make recommendations to the Property Manager and the Client on the maintenance needs of the property.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KW Property Management & Consulting is a drug-free workplace.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.