Employee Benefits Client Advisor
Essential Job Functions include:
· Ability to prospect via phone and in person.
· Ability to conduct sales presentations to C level executives.
· Prospecting and selling of employee benefit products such as health, dental, life, disability, and 401k.
· Attendance at meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
· Willingness to engage in networking functions.
· Possesses the ability to explain features, advantages and disadvantages of various products in order to promote sales.
· Skilled at conducting a needs analysis to obtain data about prospective clients' employee benefit plans and the capacity to customize insurance programs to suit an employer group while offering a variety of solutions.
THIS DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE A COMPLETE STATEMENT OF JOB CONTENT, RATHER TO ACT AS A GUIDE TO THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED. MANAGEMENT RETAINS THE DISCRETION TO ADD OR TO CHANGE THE DUTIES OF THE POSITION AT ANY TIME.
Job Specifications: (Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required):
Four year degree preferred. Active FL 2-15 L,H,V license.
Experience: (Type of work experience, minimum number of years of each):
Minimum 2 years experience in employee benefits sales/service.
Special Technical and Administrative Knowledge:
Must have excellent computer skills and the ability to learn agency management system and other automation/internet programs as required. Proficient in the use of Windows based operating system and Microsoft Office products (2007 or above), including Word, Excel and Outlook. Effective communication skills, strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to respond to requests effectively and efficiently.
Special Administrative Knowledge:
Excellent oral, written, and telephone communication skills. Must have strong computer skill proficiency and be highly organized. Knowledge of databases / spreadsheets preferred. Must be comfortable in face to face sales and service presentations.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting up to 10 pounds.