To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cleveland, OH
- Gina Leposa
- Phone: 610-706-0764
- Phone:: 610-706-0289
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Global Employment USA • Cleveland, OH
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Management responsibility for the company’s effective use of rail in shipment of scrap metal. Work with Commercial, Operations and Financial teams, minimize costs of transportation by rail while providing adequate shipping capacity to meet customer demands for our products.
The Logistics/Rail Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Act as primary contact with representatives.
- Monitor all active tariffs.
- Negotiate rates and leases.
- Perform audits and approve invoices & leases.
- Maintain corporate rail rate database.
- Provide rail rate quotes and special studies for management.
- Maintain good market knowledge of railcar leasing activity.
- Maintain expense database for accounting cost allocations.
- Develop and maintain annual railcar lease and maintenance budgets.
- Ensure that the company has adequate insurance coverage on private railcars.
- Approve all railcar maintenance billing.
- Authorize home shop repairs and approve shop invoices.
- Seek methods to minimize out of service time and repair expenses on private rail fleet.
- Manage lease turn-backs.
- Direct & oversee all railcar field inspections.
- Procure railcar tracking systems and management reports for effective fleet management and reporting.
- Address delays with rail carriers and contractors due to bad orders, overloads, load adjustments, and carrier, customer or the company yard delays
- Monitor all fleet movements daily to ensure control over railcar shipments and empty railcar positioning.
- Ensure that private fleet is properly registered and reported in rail industry databases for accurate reporting of fleet movement.
- Support all the company’s locations that load rail with adequate railcar supply to meet demand.
- Oversee preparation, filing and payment of state railcar property taxes in compliance with all applicable regulations.
- Support yards and corporate management as required on track or facility capital projects involving rail shipping.
- Manage internal staff.
- Procure and manage external contractor services for management of rail fleet and shipping.
Specializing in Scrap Metal and Recycling and Mechanical Contracting/HVAC
Direct Dial: 610-706-0764
CELL PHONE: 908-310-4654