To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wabash, IN 46992
- Shanea Headrick
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Houseparent - Part time
White's Residential and Family Services • Wabash, IN
Posted 20 hours ago
Nonprofit - Social Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Part Time Houseparent will serve to fill multiple roles within the residential setting. Such as assisting and supporting staff as well as working within the Refocus Unit. The Part-Time Houseparent can help youth learn to function in a home-like setting, by example and teaching. The Part-Time Houseparent can offer healthy values, a safe, structured environment and opportunities for relationship building. The Part-Time Houseparent must demonstrate sensitivity to our service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics and need.
- To help Residential staff members supervise youth. To provide coverage for staff that is off duty for PTO and Leave of absences, etc. Provide a safe and secure environment for residents. Engage in conflict resolution, intervene in crisis situations and physically restrain residents when necessary. Supervise youth’s daily tasks and activities such as chores, laundry, homework, mealtimes, chapel, recreation athletic games, etc. Maintain a good working relationship with Residential staff.
- Assist in medical trips, court hearings, bus trips, campus activities, etc.
- Provide recreation and activities for youth and walk youth to various campus facilities
- Ensure the safety and well-being for youth(i.e. Monitor psychotropic medications, First aid needs, monitor other medications, physical needs, bedding, diet, recreation, and emotional needs). Apply universal precautions procedures when exposed to bodily fluids.
- Perform administrative functions as needed such as daily reports, requisitions, clothing records, student checking accounts, etc.
- Attend staff meeting, training sessions, etc. as needed.
- Complete other duties such as transports, as required by Residential Scheduling Coordinator.
This person must be 21 years of age and have a high school diploma or GED. The Part- Time Houseparent must be a positive role model for residents and work well with the residential staff.
Skill, Supervision, Knowledge and Ability:
- This position requires a person to work with a minimum of supervision. The Part time Houseparent must be organized, at work on time and willing to work extra and be able to take on extra job responsibilities.
- This person needs to enjoy working with other staff members and have the ability to get along in a community type environment.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Must be open to different styles of dealing with youth. Express a willingness to be involved in training and learning new ways to deal with youth.
- This person must demonstrate the needed skills to work with youth including relationship building, communication, assertiveness, genuineness and composure in crisis confidentiality.
- Must be committed to the Mission, Core Values and Vision of White’s Residential Services.
Physical Demands of Position:
- Must be able to do excessive walking and actively supervise campus recreations.
- Able to perform routine cottage maintenance and cleaning such as planting flowers, painting, scrubbing floors, etc.
- Apply the Mind Set techniques for youth who are in crisis (expected to meet requirements for Mind Set).
- Must have energy and stamina to work from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm on a regular basis.
- Part Time Houseparent will work on an as needed basis and will not exceed 30 hours weekly. Hour each day will be set by the Residential Scheduling Coordinator.
- Attend when scheduled and be on time.
- Part- Time Houseparent will be expected to be on duty as a houseparent/Child Care Worker when working.
- Flexibility in work schedule is necessary. Must be able to adjust to work schedule on short notice. Must be able to fill in for houseparents’ PTO days or leave of absences.
- Part Time Houseparents will work holidays as scheduled including Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Must be able to work with youths’ with medical problems, including exposure to bodily fluids.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.