To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Delhi, LA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Plant Nurse Part-time
Sapa Extrusions Inc. • Delhi, LA
Posted 11 days ago
Automotive - Motor Vehicles - Parts, Manufacturing, Other Great Industries
Professional Services, Other
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sapa is the world’s leading supplier of value added aluminum profile solutions to the construction, automotive, transportation, domestic, and engineering sectors. We offer exciting employment opportunities with significant upward potential for the motivated individual in a leading multinational company that has over 22,800 employees in operations in 40 countries. Sapa Extrusion North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer where all phases of employment are based strictly upon the qualifications of the individual as related to the work requirements of the position. This policy is applied without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other category protected by law.
This position reports to the EHS Department Manager. Flexible work schedule available – 20-25 hours weekly.
These are general duties considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as the detailed job description of all the work requirements that may be inherent.
- Communicates with doctors and hospitals regarding medical/worker’s compensation claims.
- Coordinates pre-employment physicals for the hiring process, along with, mobile equipment, and respirator physicals.
- Provides nursing assistance to employees on a walk-in basis when on site.
- Performs emergency first aid to all employees as required and maintains first aid supplies for facility.
- Monitors employees identified as at risk for heat stress during summer months.
- Coordinates the Hearing Conservation program at the plant site for all employees.
- Assists with monthly safety training for supervisors and hourly employees.
- Assists with the maintenance of safety training records for supervisory and hourly employees.
- Cross-trains with EHS / HR to provide support to supervisors and managers
- Administers random and for cause drug screenings as requested. Serves as a participant on the Volunteer Safety Committee.
- Industrial medicine practices / protocol experience highly desired.
- R.N. License Required
- Organize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Solid safety record and ability to train team members in Safety related areas as applicable to the position.
- Solid math skills.
- Basic Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook
- Professional demeanor with strong communication skills in both written and verbal.
- Ability to communicate interpersonally with team members.
- Maintain confidentiality and adherence to all company policies and/or local/state/federal regulations around industrial medicine practices.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects as required/needed.
Application: Apply online through Careerbuilder or Fax to HR at 318-878-5489.
Relocation: Not Available
Compensation: DOE and credentials.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.