To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
20 hours per week; days and hours are negotiable
Located in Houston at Beltway 8 and 249, Wolverine Oilfield Technologies is a MWD/LWD development and services company, providing innovative and cost-effective solutions to the oilfield drilling industry.
You have integrity and hold yourself to the highest ethical standards. You have a reputation for excellence and your attention to detail is impeccable. For you, no task is too small or too big, you can do it all. If this sounds like you, we would like to talk to you.
As our Accountant, you will conduct accounting analyses, cost analyses and audits associated with the accounting function. We will rely on you to provide accurate and timely financial information for our business owners. You will assist in implementing and adhering to processes that will ensure inventory costs and financials comply with all relevant governmental and company standards and regulations.
This is a part-time position with an average of 20 hours per week. However, full-time hours will be required for month end close, between the 28th and 12th of the following month.
- Cuts checks for bills that already been entered in QuickBooks, ensuring accuracy of data.
- Enters labor hours/costs in QuickBooks under correct accounts.
- Reconciles checking and savings accounts ensuring accuracy in QuickBooks.
- Ensures accuracy of parts (items) entered in QuickBooks in order to provide accurate inventory, cost analysis and financial reports.
- Implements processes for accurate reporting of financials (Balance Sheet, Profit & Loss, etc.) on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Implements processes for budget preparation and review versus actuals on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Implements processes for ensuring cash flow needs are met in a timely manner.
- Implements processes for closing financial books on a monthly basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years’ experience as an accountant, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with QuickBooks to manage the function and generate required reports.
- Experience with month end and year end closing procedures.
- Experience with computers and MS Office, including high proficiency with Excel.
- Experience with financial controls and working with internal and/or external auditors.
- Knowledge of general ledger, account analysis and reconciliations.
- Knowledge of financial regulations and their applications for area of responsibility.
- Knowledge of accounting theory and application of financial principles.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
To respond to this opportunity, please email your resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.