To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Human Resource Department
- Phone:: 281-919-0158
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Auto Insurance Claims Manager
ACCC Insurance Company • Birmingham, AL
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ACCC is seeking experienced Auto Insurance Claims Manager for the Birmingham, AL Claims office. The auto insurance, liability, Claims Manager is responsible for the management, training, and evaluation of in-house liability, property damage, and bodily injury office staff.
As a member of the management team, the Claims Manager represents the company in areas within the scope of the position. This position will oversee multiple state territories. This position will report to the Director of Claims.
- To fulfill the responsibilities of this position the manager described herein must have an in-depth knowledge of the principles of casualty insurance, coverage interpretation, adjustment procedures and the law that governs contracts, tort, insurance, and the rule of civil procedure.
- Where applicable, subordinate supervisors may report to this position.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Provides supervision to claims department staff.
- Provides training and communication to claims personnel and ensures that claims are handled within the parameters of licensing and statute requirements.
- Supervises, trains, and assigns adjusters and claims staff in the execution of duties.
- Determines needs and direct the selection of personnel in order to maintain adequate employment levels to achieve production, profitability, and quality customer service within the department.
- In conjunction with Human Resources and Branch Manager (where applicable) will conduct staff evaluations, counseling, and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Maintains records of hours, attendance, vacation, sick and personal time off and reports information to Human Resources for payroll processing.
- Where applicable , Claims Manager may be directly responsible for office building and the general operating facility including the opening and closing as well as building security. The Claims Manager may purchase office furnishings, office equipment, and general supplies.
- This position has final authority for resolution of claims.
- Monitors all reserves: verifying reserves are properly opened and closed.
- Supervise and direct litigation claim files with defense council and monitor legal expenses for same.
- Handle complaints (both written and verbal) maximizing opportunity to provide excellent customer satisfaction.
- Acts as customer service and quality control manager. All TDI (or other state) complaints responded to in conformance with company practice and the requirements of the each case.
- Partner with the Marketing Representatives providing Agents with excellent service.
- Providing direction to the clerical staff responsible for intake of claims, handling and distribution of mail, handling and distribution of checks.
- Providing a safe, organized, clean workplace for all employees.
- Promotes a positive work environment for employees and makes himself/herself available to employees at all times.
- Communicates by telephone, email, mail, and fax.
- Bachelor's Degree from a four-year college or university and 3 or more years of related experience OR a combination of both.
- Non Standard experience preferable.
- P & C License required.
- Bilingual preferred but not required.
- Must be professional, react well under pressure.
- Ability to lead and instill teamwork and cohesiveness.
- Must have management experience and ability to manage a large claims operation with 40-50 people.
- Relocation assistance is available.
We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits including 401K/Profit Sharing, Medical and Dental, STD /LTD, Life, PTO, Paid Holidays, Annual Bonus, Educational Benefits and more.
ACCC Insurance Company IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER