To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Specialist
LignoTech • Fernandina Beach, FL
Posted 18 days ago
Experience - 1 to 5 years
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Other Great Industries
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Function and Scope:Duties and Responsibilities:
Function and Scope:
The Information Technology Specialist position installs, modifies and manages company computer hardware and software systems to support the LignoTech Florida operations. This position will be responsible for providing technical advice and recommendations around continuous improvement objectives to increase IT reliability and decrease operating costs associated with IT technology. While the primary IT support will be managed through a 3rd. party, this position will act as a liaison when necessary to achieve IT performance necessary to achieve operational objectives.
- Acts as the local system administrator within the Borregaard system.
- Identifies and procures the hardware needed to satisfy user requirements in cooperation with Tieto.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet local users’ requirements.
- Acts as the local contact for all IT related functions for local users.
- Coordinates activities with central IT department and current service providers.
- Provides updates, status and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- Ensures cloud storage is being managed correctly by end users.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Manages local networks and servers for office, plant, and warehouse areas defined on the LignoTech Florida property.
- Directs users to use Tieto Service Desk for IT related problems.
- Manages cloud-based and cellular phone systems.
- Keeps IT infrastructure up-to-date and within Corporate Standards.
- Informs management, Tieto, and Borregaard IT departments about any data security concerns.
- Ensures that the Corporate software portfolio is utilized effectively.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements:Preferred Qualifications:Position Type/Expected hours of work:
- 1-5 years related work experience.
- B.S. in Information Technology or related technical experience.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructures including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Able to lead and execute projects effectively and efficiently in English.
- Able to effectively communicate with people in person and over the phone with support in Europe
- Startup IT infrastructure work experience.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday with core work hours 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand to support a 24/7 plant operation.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.