The Dental Assistant performs a variety of patient care, office, x-ray and laboratory duties. Primary responsibilities for this position include preparing patients for oral examination and assisting other dental professionals in providing treatment to the teeth, mouth and gums under the clinical supervision of a dentist.
We are seeking to fill positions at the following locations-
- Cabot Clinic- 2121 Summit Street, Kansas City, MO
PRIMARY ACCOUNTABILITIES - The successful candidate for this position will:
- Ensure patients are comfortable and prepared for treatment
- Obtain/review dental/medical history and/or records from patient
- Prepare tray setup for dental procedures
- Provide instruments and materials to dentist, keeps patient’s mouth dry and clear by using suction or other devices
- Sterilize, disinfect, and maintain instruments and equipment to manufactures recommendations
- Instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care
- Prepare materials for impressions and restorations
- Expose radiographs, and process dental x-ray film as directed by dentist
- Remove sutures, applies anesthetics to gums or cavity preventive agents to teeth, remove excess cement or other dental materials used in the restorative process, and place rubber dams on the teeth to isolate them for individual treatment
- Prepare a cast of the teeth and mouth from impressions taken by dentist, prepare lab scripts and receive lab cases, clean and polish removable appliances and prepare temporary crowns when requested by the dentist
- Schedule and confirm appointments, receive patients, maintain treatment records, prepare patient accounts and receive payments, order dental supplies and materials, and answer the telephone and execute other general office duties when this job task is needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by Practice Manager and/or Dentist
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must have:
- A high school diploma (or the equivalent)
- An Associate’s Degree or a one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school in a Dental Assisting program
- A minimum of one year of related experience or training
- The ability to demonstrate computer/technical skills
- The ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents such as business periodicals, technical procedure manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and governmental regulations.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Basic math skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, decimals and percentages
- Bilingual Spanish is highly desired!
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
The Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center has been a leader in providing quality, compassionate health care to the Kansas City community for over 40 years. Your health is important to us. We have an experienced and dedicated team of physicians, nurses, therapists and support staff providing medical, dental and behavioral health services to almost 19,000 patients each year. Those patients span in age from infants, children and teens, to adults and seniors, who rely on us to meet their health care needs. We have 8 locations to serve you in the Kansas City region - in the heart of Kansas City, the Northland, Independence, Clay County and in rural Lafayette County.
View the full profile
If you're looking for a medical home, look to us…..the Samuel U. Rodgers Health Center.