A leader in the manufacturing industry in Aurora is recruiting for a Staff Accountant to add to their team. The Staff Accountant will play a key role on the accounting and finance team by delivering timely and accurate information to provide a sound basis for management decisions. The Staff Accountant will be exposed to all areas of the accounting department so the individual in the position can grow in to a Senior Accountant role and continue to grow their career with the company.
· Help supervise the clerical accounting staff.
· Reconcile GL accounts.
· Reconcile Bank accounts.
· Lead special projects designed to improve the overall efficiency of the business.
· Help with sale and use tax filings in multiple states and jurisdictions.
· Use excel to create custom reports to answer questions.
· Help develop business software integration using data imports and exports.
· Help with treasury management (disbursements and collections).
· Help during audits (Unions, State, Federal, and project).
The Staff Accountant will have:
- A Bachelors degree in accounting, or a Bachelors degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
- 3+years in an Accountant role
- Must be highly skilled in use of Excel Spreadsheets.
- Must be skilled in use of MS Word and must be a very good writer in order to handle the occasional administrative needs of the department.
- Must have very good verbal skills.
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures