To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Orlando, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr Cost Estimator
Montgomery Consulting Group, Inc. • Orlando, FL
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Company: Montgomery Consulting Group, Inc. (MCG) is a planning, environmental and engineering consulting firm focused on aviation, transportation and infrastructure with offices in Orlando and Ft. Lauderdale. MCG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Website: www.mcgi-us.com
Location: This position is based at the firm’s Winter Park office; a congenial, professional office environment.
Description: We are seeking a senior cost estimator with multi-discipline expertise with solid cost estimating experience who can participate in and lead the firm’s estimating team, coordinate with clients on assignments, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and handle varied engineering responsibilities as part of the MCG professional staff. Excellent collaboration skills, attention to detail, and knowledge of commercial/governmental building and civil construction methods are required; also the ability to prepare technical proposals and market cost estimating services to others. Experience preferred in commercial buildings, airport, schools, water, sewer and municipal buildings. Cost estimating expertise by discipline preferred for architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, communications, and technology. Familiarity with CSI disciplines required.
- Attends project team meetings, representing firm
- Prepares cost estimates for all levels of project development (i.e., rough order of magnitude (ROM), schematic, 30%, 60%, 90% design level plans and specifications, 100% bid documents, and change order evaluations)
- Provides quantity takeoffs for variety of CSI work categories
- Develops unit cost and labor costs accurately for projects
- Coordinates effectively with design team, construction contractors, suppliers, equipment providers, and construction firms to detail pricing, scheduling, availability, and market trends
- Performs technical reviews on construction documents and documents comments
- Develops schedules for construction implementation
- Leads and coordinates estimate development with other specialty estimators, and meets critical deadlines
- Is proficient or can quickly become proficient with cost estimating software
- Coordinates with clients to provide clarifications of intent, and establish alternatives with a variety of professional disciplines.
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary based on qualifications and experience
Paid time off and holiday pay
Retirement savings plan
Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, life, disability, and vision insurance plans
- Please apply through CareerBuilder and include: (1) a resume, (2) identification of discipline specialties for estimating, and (3) salary expectations.
4-year Bachelor’s Degree is required in engineering, architecture, construction management or equivalent
Expertise in civil, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, architectural or structural commercial construction
Work experience providing cost estimating on commercial and/or governmental projects
Knowledge of construction scheduling is a plus, including expertise in MS Project and Primavera.
Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel and Adobe Acrobat
Good writing skills
Excellent verbal communication skills
Ability to work independently and also lead a small team
Excellent work ethic