To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Modesto, CA
- Phone: 2095234573
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Clinician / Clinician Trainee (Adult & Community Services)
Sierra Vista Child and Family • Modesto, CA
Posted 18 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Are you ready to help ensure our Commitment to Caring? We are a not-for-profit with a mission to assist children, youth, adults and families by empowering and supporting them in becoming stronger and healthier individuals, families, and communities.
We are currently looking for two Clinician / Clinician Trainee's who are ready to make a difference in the lives of others and help Sierra Vista Child & Family Services continue our commitment to caring!
As a Clinician / Clinician Trainee, you will be providing counseling and facilitation services to individuals, groups and families. Here are a few of the attributes that will make you successful in this position:
- Provide direct clinical services to clientele.
- Provide admission assessment and treatment planning for adults, children and families.
- Provide group, individual, family, and collateral clinical services for clientele.
- Provide school consultation when appropriate.
- Keep comprehensive clinical records which meet standards for Stanislaus County Department of Mental Health.
- Maintain frequent and consistent contact with representatives of the referring agency or other community agencies working with client to coordinate treatment.
- Collect outcome data and consumer satisfaction data as required by the agency and contractor.
- Must implement program goals and objectives to meet and maintain contractual requirements and productivity.
- BBS registration, licenses, credentials or like certifications must remain active and valid with their governing entity.
- Report any suspected child abuse immediately to direct supervisor or utilize the chain of command if supervisor is not available.
- Report any suspected dependent adult/elder abuse immediately to direct supervisor or utilize the chain of command if supervisor is not available.
Our Clinician / Clinician Trainee's make a big contribution to our daily efforts and are extremely hands on. If you are looking for a desk job, this position is not for you! You will be responsible for attending weekly staff meetings, trainings, workshops, and in-service trainings in order to enhance your expertise!
One of the most important and rewarding parts of your career with us will be the clinical work. Some of the essential job functions will include:
- Knowledge of current issues/trends in the field of counseling psychology, social work. A thorough understanding of emotional / behavioral disorders and the familial and community implications.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Ability to communicate ideas in oral and written form.
- An ability to instruct in group and individual settings.
- Physical, mental and emotional health adequate to perform duties.
- A genuine caring for emotionally/behaviorally disturbed children.
- Must possess knowledge of mental health programs and community resources.
- Possess knowledge and adhere to all applicable legal and ethical issues.
- Ability to work effectively with cultural/ethnic diversity.
- Effectively use de-escalation skills and techniques for crisis prevention.
Why Sierra Vista?
It's Not Just a Job, It's a Mission
Our supportive, caring environment extends not only to our clients and families, but to our valued staff as well. Employees from a number of disciplines work together in a collaborative, stimulating environment that is considered by many to be a model for quality care.
Sierra Vista Child & Family Services offers:
- Competitive salary
- Desirable benefit package which includes medical, dental, vision insurance, retirement plan, vacation, sick and holiday pay
- Professional growth/Job challenge
- Excellent training program
- Supervision for state licensure
- Highly experienced and supportive clinical team
- Release time for professional development
- Graduation from an accredited undergraduate program with major in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, Behavior Analysis, or other related degree required. Master work in the same subject matter listed above. This degree must be license eligible.
- One year of experience in a treatment setting.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Sound personal qualifications (i.e. maturity, stability, high moral standards and sound mental health).
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license with less than 2 minor moving violations.
Keywords: clinician, clinical, clinical trainee, human services, social work, licensed clinician, social worker, lcsw, licensed social worker, licensed clinical social worker, etc.