To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
100 Maritime Drive
Manitowoc, WI 54220
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Audit Accountant / Supervisor
Schenck • Manitowoc, WI
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our Manitowoc office is looking for a Senior Audit Accountant / Supervisor!
The Senior Accountant is responsible for understanding fundamental accounting practices to support the business needs of clients. The Senior Accountant is responsible for organizing, managing and completing client assignments and projects in a timely fashion. This position analyzes financial information and prepares and reviews financial reports to determine or maintain records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization. The Senior Accountant is responsible for developing deeper knowledge and technical skills and working as part of a team to carry out tasks under minimal supervision.
A successful Senior Accountant will carry out the principal accountabilities of the position while supporting the vision and intent of The Schenck Way.
- Support our intentional culture and be a standard bearer for The Schenck Way with both fellow team members and clients.
- Engage in continual self-development and lifelong learning.
- Contribute positively to a collaborative team environment within and beyond the home office location.
- Attend client meetings with more seasoned team members.
- Identify client’s needs, opportunities, and ecosystem.
- Understand the role of a consultant and begin to develop these skills through Schenck University and working closely with mentors.
- Supplement network with industry connections through trade organization involvement.
- Participate in industry events with more seasoned team members.
- Use advanced knowledge of accounting to prepare, examine, or analyze accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Provide moderate level financial reporting services to various business entities such as corporations, partnerships, estates, trusts, non-profits, and government entities.
- Actively participate in and support the creation of Service Excellence for clients.
- Review information for completeness; contact clients with questions and update the Account Director.
- Perform research projects requiring moderate expertise.
- Understand the billing process and realization.
- Identify risk management issues.
- Maintain and enhance knowledge of all Firm services, vision, business strategies, and processes to build and enhance client relationships including use and completion of split sheets.
- Strive to meet/exceed individual charge hour goals.
- Organize and control multiple responsibilities while improving assignment profitability.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must demonstrate regular, predictable attendance and be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skill required. The individual must be able to successfully pass background checks.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or Bachelor’s degree in another discipline with appropriate coursework in tax and accounting.
- CPA license or eligibility to sit for the exam with a strong commitment to obtain license.
- Typically requires 2-4 years of previous experience, preferably in a public accounting Firm.
- Advanced knowledge of general accounting principles and standards.
- Proficient use of computer applications, such as MS Office and accounting software.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong mathematical, statistical, analytical, and project management skills.
- Proficient with relevant technical accounting tools, such as tax programs, research platforms, risk assessment technology, electronic binders, client portals, etc.