To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dearborn, MI
- Paul Kleindl
- Phone: (248) 712-6719
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Manufacturing PLC Controls Engineer
Systems Technology Group • Dearborn, MI
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Systems Technology Group (STG) has immediate opening for PLC Controls Engineer for our direct automotive client in Dearborn, MI. Duration (1+ year).
Must be willing to travel the appropriate amount of time required to support launch schedules. Must be legally able to work in U.S., Canada, and Mexico.
Successful candidate for this position will play a critical role in the deployment of the Next Generation Automated Vehicle Scheduling (NGAVS) system in Ford's North American vehicle assembly plants. As a NGAVS In-Plant Implementation (IPI) Controls Engineer, candidate will be responsible for integration of NGAVS with Ford Vehicle Operations tooling and process control systems. Candidate will work with vendor controls engineers to install, test, and debug standard NGAVS logic and drivers. Although most NGAVS PLC code modules are complete and standardized, the candidate may need to create custom code for plant unique situations or modify standard templates and AOI.s to address issues identified by the third party integrator. This would include maintenance of PLC Code for Allen-Bradley ControlLogix using Rockwell RS5000 software. Individual will also will be responsible for creation and maintenance of HMI code (Allen-Bradley PanelViews). Assignments may be at any of Vehicle Assembly Plants in North America (U.S., Canada, and Mexico). Depending on the project, candidate may be required to direct the efforts of third-party controls integrator resources.
*STG offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including health coverage, dental, life insurance, disability insurance, 401K, paid holidays and paid vacations. To learn more about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com
- Must have significant experience as a Controls Engineer in an automotive assembly plant manufacturing environment.
- Significant experience programming Allen-Bradley (Rockwell) PLC5's and ControlLogix.
- Significant experience programming Allen-Bradley PanelView HMI's.
- Experience with Industrial Ethernet communications. Experience writing documentation and training material. Experience delivering training to a range of target audiences.
- Experience preparing wiring diagrams and other drawings in AutoCAD.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Fully proficient in English.
- Preferred - Knowledge of SmartEye vehicle identification technology, SICK barcode scanners, and Adaptive displays.
- Should be comfortable directing the work of others.
- Successful candidate will be comfortable interfacing with wide range of parties, from hourly operators and skilled trades through plant management. Individual should be a self-starter, requiring a minimum of day-to-day supervision.
- Must be a strong team player.
- Must be willing to travel the appropriate amount of time required to support launch schedules.
- Must be physically able to work on the plant floor (body, paint, final) for significant hours per day.
- B.S./M.S. Electrical Engineering preferred (Computer Science degree with emphasis on Controls Systems or Manufacturing Systems also acceptable)
- Significant applicable experience in lieu of degree will also be considered
- Must be legally able to work in U.S., Canada, and Mexico