To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Virtual, TN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Director, Final Mile Logistics
3PLRecruiters • Virtual, TN
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Director, Final Mile Logistics
Our client is a mid-sized 3PL division focused on non-asset-based transportation management with strength in intermodal services. It seeks to hire a Director of Final Mile Services. This is a leadership role with full responsibility for Final Mile services from conceptual design through implementation and stabilization.
The client requires candidates to have prior work experience and demonstrated expertise in the design and operation of Final Mile services for a shipper, carrier or 3PL. It is a highly visible role that is both operational and customer-facing. This is a recent and growing service offering with a key customer, initiating a major roll-out across multiple sites. Therefore, the new Director should be prepared to join a dynamic environment and take ownership of project implementation. The Director of Final Mile Services is a virtual role, requiring regular nationwide travel and does NOT require relocation to the home office.
- Communicate with clients and candidates about interviews and schedules.
- Post and update jobs via the ATS/Website and various job posting services.
- Email job announcements to potential candidates identified in Candidate and Contact Views via ATS.
- Receive resumes via email and load resumes into the Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Distribute resumes to electronic job folders for recruiters.
- Update Candidate Profiles in ATS based on recruiter feedback in the Candidate Tracker per job.
- Direct candidate inquiries to assigned recruiters.
- Schedule recruiter and employer interviews with candidates.
- Support ATS data clean-up and organization.
- Support marketing and sales activities.
- Perform data analysis based on instructions from consultants based on analysis capabilities.
- Support sales campaigns and business development.
- Schedule client and new business meetings.
- Minimum of 10 years of Operations experience in a dedicated or Last Mile environment.
- Experienced general manager with P&L responsibility and roll-out implementation responsibilities.
- Expertise in site selection, facility leasing, cross-dock setup, equipment leasing, and carrier recruitment.
- Knowledge of state-of-the-market IT solutions for Last Mile services.
- Strong Engineering and Continuous Improvement experience with demonstrated track record of problem solving.
- Experience in dedicated/ Last Mile business development, solution design, proposal and project planning.
- Ability to assess network capacity for Final Mile services and develop carrier capacity.
- Strong organization and project management skills with demonstrated success in rolling out Last Mile operations.
- Experience in leading carrier development and service contracting.
- Success in creating strong and positive relationships with customer’s key stakeholders involved in service delivery.
- Ability to select, hire, train and supervise Last Mile operations and implementation personnel.
- Self-Starter capable of working independently and making decisions with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentations skills with the capability to create a positive team environment, where free sharing of ideas is encouraged.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Logistics via Business or Engineering, and relevant work experience.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.