To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Amy Cleghon
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
General Manager - Fixed Route
MV Transportation • US-Nationwide
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
MV Transportation is seeking Fixed Route General Managers for multiple locations nationwide.
MV Transportation is seeking a fixed route General Manager who will provide support, leadership and direction to assigned operating location to ensure delivery of annual business plans. He/she will control the daily operation of our transportation contract, in compliance with the policies of the contracting agency and in conformance with company procedures.
- Effectively manage customer relations through both direct contact and outreach programs.
- Identify, select, train and mentor location staff.
- Effectively and frequently communicate with location staff and support team members.
- Oversee vehicle maintenance plan and ensures fleet availability to meet service requirements.
- Oversee safety and training programs, plans and processes to ensure compliance with company, contract and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain client contact routinely to meet or exceed expectations.
- Conduct periodic departmental audits.
- Daily, weekly and monthly review of key operational metrics.
- Ensure that all location financial metrics are managed continuously, exceptions are reported and action plans are developed to ensure the location meets it financial, safety and operational expectations.
- Implement, promote and adhere to company policies and procedures.
- Interact with bridges committee to effectuate positive changes to policies, procedures and programs.
- Participate in location(s) labor and employee relations activities.
- Provide insight and information to support location(s) contract renewals.
- Create and present location(s) annual budget.
- College degree or equivalent business management experience.
- Management experience required.
- Must have understanding of Trapeze software.
- Must have labor/union(s) negations/expenses expertise.
- Must have a full understanding of dispatch, scheduling, driver recruitment, and safety DOT and FTA compliance.
- Must have at least three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in the transit, school bus, and or shuttle industry.
- MS Office, strong analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and high degree of multi-tasking skills.
- Additional duties/responsibilities based upon individual contract requirements
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.