To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Western NY, NY
- Natalie Kress
- Phone: 716-636-0070
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Project Engineer
TxMQ, Inc. • Western NY, NY
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client is seeking a Project Engineer to join their Engineering team at their custom processing equipment and systems facility in the Western NY region. Join a reputable, growing organization in the advanced technologies and equipment space and become a part of a dynamic team where you can realize both financial and professional career growth! There are two openings – the team is open to hiring one person with less experience (5-10 years) and another that is more experienced that may be able to transition into a Supervisory role over the Project Engineering Group when that current employee retires.
REPORTING TO: PE Supervisor/Director of Engineering
OBJECTIVE: Provide broad-based equipment design expertise and leadership for projects. The scope of the responsibility encompasses all aspects of engineering from mechanical to electrical and instrumentation. Responsible for the technical integrity of product, from design concept to final acceptance. Provide the leadership for running the engineering aspects of the project on time and within budget.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide broad-based design expertise in terms of functionality, cost, and manufacturability of projects.
- Organize & conceptualize assemblies and sub-assemblies so that portions of the job can be effectively and appropriately delegated amongst the project team.
- Verify that designs meet technical specifications and applicable codes
- Engage with technology and sales groups during the proposal and inquiry phase on key opportunities to review design and budget
- Ensure technical specification updates are communicated with Applications Engineering.
- Utilize design software to:
- Provide design concept & specifications for other members of design staff
- Perform engineering calculations and analysis to optimize design (as applicable)
- Select and specify materials and interact with purchasing to modify materials or components when necessary.
- Oversee design staff to include delegation of tasks, approving rework, and checking drawings and BOM’s for accuracy.
- Communicate with other members of the project team and other departments to ensure projects are completed within time/budget constraints.
- Provide necessary guidance, mentoring, and training on company-specific technology and best practices to transfer knowledge and increase efficiencies.
- Collaborate with the Technology Group on projects that require in-depth technical analyses.
- Interface and provide assistance to subcontractors and customers.
- Review and certify final release of drawings.
- Support manufacturing with design / fabrication / assembly improvements and ensure project is completed within time/budget constraints.
- Provide support during the installation and start-up phase of projects (as necessary)
- Provide technical expertise and support during customer interactions.
- For the Engineering aspects of each project, actively manage & drive overall project cost, schedule, and quality performance relative to internal metrics & contractual requirements.
- Assist Applications department with engineering studies as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EDUCATION:
- BSME required
- Must be fully proficient with 2D & 3D design tools, such as Autocad and Inventor.
- In depth knowledge of classical mechanical engineering design skills
- In-depth knowledge & experience designing industrial equipment to include:
- Wide range of weldments and appurtenances.
- Strength of materials.
- Heat resistant materials.
- Mechanical power transmission.
- Mechanical stress and flow analysis
- Thermal stress analysis and applications awareness.
- Familiarity with material handling of amorphous bulk materials including metered feeds, conveying, storing, measuring, etc.
- General familiarity with industrial equipment.
- Preferred to possess knowledge of thermal processing systems preferably for high temperature (typically 250-3000 C) applications.
- Understanding of standard industrial gases and off gas handling systems such as scrubbers, TOX, etc.
- Must demonstrate good judgment, ability to make decisions and delegate tasks effectively.
- Must be able to travel (both domestic & international)- 15% - 20%
- Exposure to and familiarity with:
- System P&IDs
- Electric resistance heating
- Combustion systems
- Inorganic chemistry
- Gas-solid reactions
- Refractory materials
- Rotary material handling systems
- Must possess ability to communicate effectively with customer
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, hear and talk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, smell, lift or move up to 30 pounds.
- Salary for this direct hire position will be commensurate with experience and will include a competitive benefits package, paid holidays and vacation, room for growth, etc.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested and qualified candidates should submit a Word formatted resume, employment references, and salary history to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] for immediate consideration.
- Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Contract, Contract to Hire and Direct Hire Staffing Services and Solutions