To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Brooke Edwards
- Phone: (630) 773-2200 ext 207
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Receivable Specialist
Connect Search, LLC • Chicago, IL
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Detailed Tasks and Responsibilities
- Identification of proper GL coding, distribution (when necessary) and processing of all cash, checks, lockbox receipts and credit card transactions that come in to Accounting.
- Enter/post cash receipts to appropriate customer accounts or verified GL account coding via the applicable AR system (Aptify or Navigator).
- Verify accuracy of GL account coding before entering/posting.
- Prepare posting reports with support document for live cash receipts deposits
- Process check and credit card refunds via Aptify or Navigator ensuring complete documentation from staff for processing.
- Process miscellaneous adjustments associated cash receipts, customer receivable accounts and revenue via Aptify or Navigator
- Invoice/order cancellations ensuring proper documentation for processing
- Invoice/order discounts or other pricing adjustments
- Payment transfers
- NSF Checks, Stop Payments and Chargebacks
- Generate invoices companies, subsidiaries, and partners for various products and services utilizing Aptify or Navigator. This includes interacting with program staff to ensure the appropriate product/service is being billed and revenue is being recorded to the appropriate GL coding.
- Respond to requests from internal and external customers via email, over the phone or in person in a tactful and professional demeanor within established time frames.
- Participates in the monthly close process related to cash receipts accounts receivable and revenue. Provide accounting support as assigned to ensure that monthly closing schedule tasks and deadlines are met and financial statements are generated on time.
- Ensure responsibilities and tasks are completed in compliance with established policies and procedures for receivables and revenue processing. Suggests changes/updates to procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- An Associate’s Degree or higher or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience working with cash receipts, billing, payment account analysis, accounts receivable, revenue, deferred revenue recognition and accounting journal entries; previous experience in a professional society or association preferred.
- Experience with account reconciliations desirable.
- PC proficiency, including MS Outlook, Word, and Excel; experience with Aptify or other AR customer/member management systems, experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV/Navigator desirable.
- Attentiveness to detail, accuracy, and follow-through.
- Must have a tactful and professional demeanor with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to apply established policies, standards, and processes and suggest revisions.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with staff at all organizational levels. Strong personal integrity. Ability to achieve results in a complex environment.
- Customer focused with assertive, self-confident personality. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks.