To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clifton, NJ
- Tony Yosco
- Phone: 5517774991
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Business Intelligence/Report Technical Analyst – Tableau (Higher Ed) Experience )
Career Developers, Inc. • Clifton, NJ
Posted 15 days ago
Experience - At least 5 year(s)
Degree - 4 Year Degree
Education - Teaching - Administration, Computer Software
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Sr. Business Intelligence/Report Technical Analyst – Tableau (Higher Ed)Location: Essex County, NJ
Statement of Purpose: Reporting to the University Analytics Project Manager, the Sr. Business Intelligence/Report Technical Analyst will lead the delivery of custom Reporting/Analytic visualization solutions based on the business requirements of the University's key stakeholders. The candidate is an experienced senior hands-on report developer with a deep understanding of delivering business value with robust visualizations. The ideal candidate will have played a lead role on multiple successful implementations of reporting that includes analytic and dashboard visualization deliverables. Candidate will display strong business acumen and communication skills with the proven ability to lead reporting scope and requirement definition sessions. Candidate should possess the ability to advise on best practices, train junior resources and translate technical jargon into business terms for management and functional team members.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate discussions with business users to identify scope of reports
- Create visualization solutions based on requirements from University Stakeholders
- Understand how to create dashboards, interactive analytic components, online standard reports and external facing reports
- Understands key data warehousing and business intelligence concepts
- Assist Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to design strategic reporting and KPIs using Tableau's toolkit and deep experience with successful implementations of robust reporting solutions.
- Produce quality deliverables as an output of design sessions.
- Understands concepts of data analytics, predictive analytics and trend analysis
- Advises on technical approach, estimated delivery times, issues and concerns as related to Reporting deliverables.
- Debug and troubleshoot Tableau reports
- Modifies existing and creates new Tableau deliverables leveraging deep industry experience
- Works independently to produce deliverables of high quality by thoroughly testing code and ensuring alignment with business requirements
- Understands best practice for establishing technical standards for Reporting objects and components
- 7 years of experience working as a reporting developer using industry leading Reporting tools
- 5 years of hands-on experience with Tableau with exposure to the most recent release
- Expertise in gathering requirements from non-technical business users and turning into report/visualization design specifications
- Expert in reporting against a data warehouse source that contains various star schemas, facts and dimensions.
- Experience with working with Data Modelers, Business Analysts, Report/BI developers, DBAs and system admins in a collaborative manner
- Experience building dynamic Excel dashboards, such as connecting to DBs, pivot tables
- Experience with addressing performance and data issues within report technical deliverables
- Understanding of common strategic reporting needs within Higher Education industry.
- Experience working with visualization data sourced from Banner Student or similar Student information systems
- Understanding of Higher Education industry KPIs and delivery of solutions that support tracking of KPIs
- Knowledge of the Ellucian suite (e.g Banner Student) of products that support the Academic business area of a University
- Experience with other Big Data and DW industry leading tools
- Exposure to PeopleSoft FSCM 9.2 (Finance and Supply Chain) and Workday HR/Payroll or similar ERP source systems.
- Big 4 or Tier-one consulting experience as a lead reporting technical analyst/developer on multiple engagements.
- Experience working on teams that use a formal Project delivery methodology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to teach others in the area of data integrations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or other related fields
Job ID: 18-00013-TY
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.