To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Elkton, MD 21921
- Dustin Kollman
- Phone: (262) 886-8000 X214
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
PointOne Recruiting Solutions • Elkton, MD
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Purpose: PM position, Mon-Fri 8pm-5am. Coordinate and supervise daily transportation and dispatch functions pertaining to including but not limited to shipping, safety, and backhaul management within the DOT and FMCSA compliance standards.
Drivers, 3rd Party Carriers, and Transportation Equipment providers
- Responsible for driver onboarding, retention and training
- Supervise, train and mentor team members
- Interacting in a cooperative and professional manner with other team members, supervisors, customers and vendors even in difficult situations
- Ensuring tasks and documentation are completed neatly, completely, accurately and timely
- Being cooperative, flexible and open to change to ensure a “win/win" outcome
- Providing the safest workplace possible where individuals feel a personal sense of responsibility for their safety and the safety of team mates, to include safe operation of equipment, reporting maintenance needs or unsafe practices, following GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) standards in warehouse locations, and maintaining a neat and clean work environment free of hazards. Working safely is a condition of employment at Burris Logistics
- Responsible for DOT (Department of Transportation) and FMCSA (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) training for all drivers, transportation and warehouse team members
- Enforce Department of Transportation (DOT) safety policies and practices to ensure compliance
- Participate in daily/weekly/monthly driver DOT compliance meetings, quarterly driver meetings and quarterly ride-alongs
- Monitor, maintain and report all safety and compliance metrics (including CSA -Carrier Safety Administration)
- Responsible for annual Driver performance reviews to include ongoing coaching regarding customer service, safety concerns and Driver Metrics (performance, earnings, utilization)
- Initiate accident procedures in the event of a driver call in, monitor Drive Cam events and conduct accident investigations.
- Monitor systems, key performance indicators (KPI), and transportation functions and programs to ensure accuracy, efficiency, DOT (Department of Transportation) compliance, and profitability
- Responsible for reviewing, validating and maintaining all HOS (Hours of Service) processes and files in applicable software (such as TMW, RydeSmart, etc)
- Collect/analyze data to identify opportunities for improvement and solutions for transportation functions and programs
- Daily monitoring of TMW Systems to maintain load/route information in order to ensure optimum routing and scheduling efficiency for on-time performance
- Monitor staffing and workload, coordinate driver paid time off, ensure appropriate number of employed and spot lease carriers available to assign to loads to ensure schedules and deadlines are met
- Monitor vendor audits, invoicing, equipment leases, and maintenance to ensure accuracy, proper scheduling, and compliance
- Proactively respond to concerns and inquiries including but not limited to breakdowns, late trucks, directions, product discrepancies, customer and vendor changes/updates
- Maintain local driver files and coordinate with Compliance group on centrally maintained driver qualifications files
- Dispatch outbound drivers with complete load instructions and parameters
- Check-in drivers, ensure all documentation, returns and credits processed in a timely manner after route assignment is complete
- Ensure equipment maintenance is done on a routine and as needed basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Education - High school diploma or GED. College coursework, continuing technical education or comparable business experience preferred
- Bachelors Degree with transportation, logistics or supply chain focus is preferred
- Minimum two (2) years experience in transportation in an operations environment
- CDL Class A license preferred
- Working knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and general transportation regulations
- Dispatch and/or Supervisory experience preferred
- Knowledge of TMW Systems preferred
- Proficient in computer usage to include email, word processing, spreadsheets
- Ability to provide clear and constructive feedback, coaching, and counseling
- Certifications in LEAN, Six Sigma, ISO 9001, Transportation, etc. preferred
- Ability to utilize equipment for the job (computers, cell phone, handheld trackers, etc.)
- Must be able to independently lift up to 50 lbs frequently and 100 pounds rarely
- Must be able to sit, stand, walk, bend, squat on a frequent to continual basis in a noisy warehouse environment
- Must be able to sit on an almost continual basis and stand, walk, bend, or squat on an occasional basis in a normal office environment
- Must be able to sit for continual periods of time while on drive along and step up onto and down from truck or equipment multiple times per day
- Must be able to adjust to fluctuating temperatures and withstand freezing temperatures as low as -20 degrees Fahrenheit
- Must be able to work while wearing appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the job (such as steel-toed protective footwear, harness, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, insulated clothing, etc)