To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Yazoo City, MS 39194
- Joel Coltrane
- Phone: 1 (843) 815-9111
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The River Group Inc. • Yazoo City, MS
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Job Title: Warehouse Manager
Location: Central MS
Benefits: Full benefits
About our Client:
Our client, a leader in the homewares sector, utilizing injection and blow molding manufacturing processes, designs products to help you simplify your food preparation, serving and food storage needs. They make a complete line of Bowls, Storage Containers, Freezer Container and Kitchen Accessories that are BPA-free, easy to store and made in the USA. They are seeking an experienced Warehouse Mgr. for their MS facility, about an hour from Jackson, MS. The Warehouse Manager will have expertise in order management, inventory control, warehousing functions and continuous improvement, especially using IT systems. It intends to hire a leader who will not only manage the operation but make it better, someone with demonstrated knowledge of improvement methods and enthusiasm for finding ways to make the operation more efficient and responsive to customers. Prior experience with SAP is advantageous. A qualified candidate will likely have 5 years or more years of experience in warehousing and distribution management with leadership responsibilities, which may include budgetary accountability and facilities oversight. This client is highly entrepreneurial, and the role will be operating very autonomously during the initial phase, segueing into full operation over the first year. Experience in a start-up facility is desired and would be helpful, but not required.
- Hire, train, motivate, and discipline operations employees in a two shift operation.
- Continuously identify and implement improvements to impact key metrics, such as quality, labor productivity, equipment utilization, customer order fill rates, on-time shipment, inventory velocity, and cycle times.
- Establish goals and metrics to drive improvement.
- Develop annual business plans for the plant that align with enterprise objectives.
- Manage profit and loss, and deliver annual budget plans.
- Manage orders, production and inventory using SAP.
- Develop plans and procedures to ensure a safe work environment.
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Safety, OSHA, and EPA rules and procedures.
- Support the Sales with job prioritization, order status reporting, and on-time shipment.
- Resolve problems dealing with movement/late delivery of shipments, invoices, and freight bills.
- Provide training on Lean Manufacturing techniques and facilitate Kaizen workouts.
- Implement policies and procedures to support operational efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Schedule and provide training to communicate goals, educate employees, and report performance.
- Maintain equipment to provide maximum accuracy, up-time and safe operation.
- Evaluate and recommend new equipment purchases to enhance quality and productivity.
- Oversee building maintenance and security.
- Assist in contract negotiations, where applicable
- Minimum of 5 years of distribution management experience including value-added services with P&L, budgeting, facility-level responsibilities and direct labor supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency with labor scheduling and on-time order fulfillment management.
- Proven success in leading continuous improvement using methods such Lean, and Six Sigma.
- Direct experience with IT systems for order, warehouse and inventory management, especially SAP.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to build an effective team.
- Exposure to and knowledge of Quality, Safety, OSHA, and EPA rules and procedures.
- Strong organizational, communication, and computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Sales support and indirect supplies purchasing.
- Facilities management including maintenance services and security.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience.