To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Allentown, PA
- AllSearch Sales Recruiting
- Phone: 888-427-3977
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Purchasing Manager - Construction Manufacturing
AllSearch Professional Staffing, Inc • Allentown, PA
Posted 11 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Purchasing Manager - International Manufacturing Leader - Base Salary $100k + Bonus
- Our client, a leading North American based construction product manufacturer, has an immediate need for a skilled Purchasing Manager for their Allentown, PA headquarters. This is an exciting role, where this person will be groomed and developed to ultimately take over for the Director of Purchasing within the next couple of years.
- Company Info: This company is very much of a market leader in their construction product line. They are a direct manufacturer with multiple plant locations all over the United States. They have been in business for many years, and remain strong and stable. They are very focused on offering employees the opportunity to grow and develop internally.
- In terms of responsibilities, the Purchasing Manager will report to the overall Director of Purchasing for this international company. As the Director is set to retire within a couple of years, this person will be groomed to ultimately be promoted into the Director role. The primary responsibilities of this will be to handle all of the purchasing and procurement tasks at the plant locations, as well as at the corporate level.
- More than just the day to day purchasing, the company is looking for someone that can work to improve the current processes that are in place. This person will negotiate all of the raw material purchasing as well as negotiate all of the power and fuel contracts that are in place. Duties will also include handling and resolving supplier issues, approve purchase orders from the plant locations, and more. Upon interest, a full job description will be provided.
- The ideal salary range for this role will be around $100k, with some flexibility for the perfect candidate. On top of the salary, the company offers a solid annual bonus that will be in the 10%-15% range. Also included is an excellent benefits package that will include medical, dental, vision, 401k with a company match, generous paid time off and much more.
- Qualifications for this position include a Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain or equivalent along with 5+ years of experience in purchasing and materials in a manufacturing environment. While specific building and construction products experience would be great, it is certainly not required. Our client will consider any strong candidates that have a strong purchasing background within any manufacturing-based environment. Candidate should understand the economic factors that affect pricing of power, purchased materials, fuels and more. Strong negotiation skills are a must. Not required, but considered a plus would be candidates with their CPM or CPSM and experience with Oracle Purchasing.