To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Detroit, MI
- Mike Knox
- Phone: 330-666-3354
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director, Business Development
Global Executive Solutions Group • Detroit, MI
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Reporting to the President of an organization which is a leader in third party logistics; providing innovative logistics solutions across the U.S specializing in transportation, brokerage, warehousing. Will be responsible for the continued successful sale of the Transportation Management and Transportation Brokerage service offering. Responsible for the proactive development and signing of profitable new business, additional business, and limited participation in startups and transition of project management to a permanent management team. Coordinates complete sales cycle process including prospect list initiation, lead generation, prospect qualification, analysis, pricing, negotiation, proposal preparation and presentation(s), contract signing, start-up and customer service follow-up after the sale. Challenge is to expand account base, pursue and close new business, increase revenues and improve profitability.
- Outside sales (Transportation Management/Freight Brokerage)
- Develop and execute business plan strategies (proven track record of success)
- Sector/Vertical’s (i.e. Consumer Goods, Retail, Automotive, Industrial)
- Supply Chain Management software knowledgeable (TMS-MercuryGate)
- Computer proficient (i.e. Salesforce.com)
- Proven negotiations and deal closing ability
- Location: Detroit, MI Metro Area
- Travel: 50%
- Education: College Graduate-BA or BS (Logistics, Marketing)
Background Preferred (but not required):
- Master Degree
- Solution Design & Pricing (RFI, RFQ, RFP)
Other essential abilities and skills:
- Closer - Hunter mentality
- Strategic Thinking ability
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong Presenter to Executive Level Management
- Team player (demonstrated coordination with Operations, Logistics Engineering, IT, Finance)