To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Arlington, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Certified Medical Assistant - Bi-Lingual Vietnamese & English
Texas Pulmonary & Critical Care • Arlington, TX
Posted 12 days ago
Experience - At least 2 year(s)
Degree - High School
Healthcare - Health Services
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Certified Medical Assistant will perform selected nursing and administrative/clerical duties that assist in the delivery of patient care management under the direction of a physician. This position will report to the Office Manager.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- The role of this position is to participate in a variety of activities.
- Prescription refills.
- Verifies and requests authorizations when necessary.
- Fills out all necessary forms; insurance, disability, jury duty, etc.
- Provides accurate, complete, legible and timely documentation of all nursing procedures in the medical record.
- Operates multiline telephone system. Assist with answering incoming calls in a warm and caring manner, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel.
- Schedules appointments for patients.
- Takes and delivers accurate messages, according to office policies, when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Rooms patients when needed.
- Measures and records vital signs in medical record.
- Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients when needed.
- Administers routine immunizations, therapeutic injections and skin tests. Documents appropriately.
- Maintains confidentiality of records.
- Implement physician orders, keeping physicians abreast of their patient’s ongoing care.
- Maintain accurate and complete recording and reporting.
- Assist with reading and injection of PPD’s for patients and staff.
- Assist with ordering and maintaining current inventories of supplies and medications for clinical area.
- Checks for outdated medication on a monthly basis.
- Performs Pulmonary Function testing including but not limited to nebulization with bronchodilators.
- Performs exercise oximetry with /without oxygen with titration as necessary.
- Scheduling of nocturnal oximetry. Instructing patients on use of equipment and downloading of test on return of oximeter.
- Phone triage, discussing the care of the patient with the physician and returning the call to the patient in a timely manner.
- Assists physician with surgical procedures in the office.
- Perform Chest X-Rays per physician orders.
- Filling out lab requisitions for patients. Reconciliation of lab requisitions and results to ensure that lab results are received in a timely manner.
- Ordering of Durable Medical Equipment upon receiving an order from the physician.
- Completion of CMN’s for physician signature.
- Performs daily and weekly environmental cleaning and equipment quality control and maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned by the, practice manager and physician.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of medical assistant program or equivalent clinical training.
- Current CPR certificate.
- NCT License.
- Good hygiene.
- Friendly demeanor.
- Computer knowledge/typing.
- Good verbal and written communication.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- All medical skills and knowledge required of a Medical Assistant.
- Able to be friendly, helpful and courteous to patients and on the phone.
- Ability to identify specific parts of the medical record and identify where they should be located in the record.
- Ability to understand and perform duties of position.
- Able to complete a complex variety of tasks in an organized manner.
- Thorough knowledge of policies and procedures relating to position.
- Ability to look ahead and monitor the appointment schedule so that booking is adequate and not over booked.
- Able to treat patients and staff with consideration and respect.
Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Manages difficult or emotional patient situations; Responds to patients’ requests for service and assistance; Keeps emotions under control; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information. Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Uses time efficiently; Completes work in timely manner; Observes safety and security procedures; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Acts responsibly; Is dependable, adaptable and punctual; Is consistently at work and on time; Focuses on solving conflict not blaming; Asks for and offers help when needed; Generates suggestions for improving work.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods; use hands and fingers; handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop and bend. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee must occasionally
Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Average Salaries for
This estimated salary is an approximation based on compensation data points gathered from similar job postings or existing salaries for the same or similar job title within the same market. Average salary insights are based on aggregate data and are not specific to any individual job posting.