To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
409 Broad Street
New London, CT 06320
- Apply via CareerBuilder
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Service Advisor / Automotive Service Writer
Secor Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram • New London, CT
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Secor Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and experienced Service Adviser. They have a very busy service department that prides itself on excellent customer relations in a state-of-the-art facility.
The ideal candidate should be able to track multiple client accounts while giving progress updates and explaining vehicle needs. Must be a team player who has great people, computer, paperwork and phone skills.
- Service Advisors / Service Writers greet customers and assist them with any inquiries they may have
- Service Advisors / Service Writers perform vehicle walk around and documentation of customer concerns to enable the Technician to properly diagnose and service the vehicle
- Consult with customer on applicable service specials
- Service Advisors prioritize required services, and be prepared to provide options upon request
- Document declines for services and ask for follow-up on future service considerations
- Keep customer informed on completion times, service expenses, and possible changes
- Service Advisors remain involved with delivery of vehicle to customer upon completion to assure all customer concerns can be addressed
- Provide concierge support for all owner inquiries, whether phone or in person, to assure the customer does not get mishandled
- Spend quality time building relationship with the customer
- Know the product well enough to answer characteristic and operational questions regarding the customer’s vehicle
- Minimum 1 year experience in a service advisory role preferred
- Strong customer service background will also be considered
- CDK experience is preferred but not required.
- Positive attitude
- High volume mentality
- CSI focused
- Clean driving record with a valid license
- Ability to put together a complete repair estimate based on customer needs and manufacturer’s recommended services.
- Schedule appointments and contact customers with changes to estimate or time promised
- Deliver vehicles to customers, review work performed, explain charges and answer questions
- Assist the service manager as necessary
· Competitive salary
· Great working environment in a family-run business
· Medical, dental, and vision plus options for a 401k plan
· Paid personal time off (PTO)