To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1919 Greene Street
Adel, IA 50003
- Eric Klouse
- Phone: 515-993-4511
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
MGM Healthcare • Adel, IA
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) position is to provide each of the assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s care plan.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Provide personal care to residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort consistent with Adel Acres Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
● Provide morning care which may include bed bath, shower or whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over-bed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
● Provide evening care which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, cleaning over-bed tables, straightening room and other general care as needed.
● Report and record any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
● Advise supervising staff of resident’s status at beginning and end of shifts.
● Assist RN and LPN with treatment procedures.
● Prepare resident for meals; serve and remove food trays and assist with meals or feeding resident if necessary.
● Assist Resident with the handling of personal property: Dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prosthetic devices, etc.
● Distribute drinking water and other nourishments to residents.
● Answer resident call lights, anticipate resident needs, and make rounds to assigned residents.
● Transport residents to and from various departments in the hospital.
● Assist in the preparation of admissions, transfers, and discharge of the residents.
● Promote a safe and clean environment for residents, family members, and staff members.
● Comply with the policies and procedures for safe lifting and/or safe transfer of residents.
● Assure equipment is clean and functional. Report any malfunctions to supervisor.
● Attend in-service training programs to maintain Nursing Assistant certification.
● Perform incidental housekeeping/maintenance task as required to maintain a safe, clean, and hazard-free environment for residents, visitors, and staff.
● Ability to function as a team leader and role model.
● Abide by the Adel Acres Clinical policies and procedures for Abuse Prevention.
● Perform other task and duties as assigned
● Uses correct body mechanics
● Ethical Practice.
● Relationship Management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Long Term Health Care and Rehabilitation Center.
- Ability to communicate in English via phone, in writing, and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, patient families, and any outside customers.
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must routinely lift and/or move at least 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to utilize a computer, phone, etc. for extended periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes, or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required Education and Experience
● State certification as a Nursing Assistant
● Ability to read, write, and speak the English Language.
● High School Diploma or GED
For inquiries please contact:
1919 Greene Street
Adel, IA 50003
MGM Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities. We are committed to complying with all state, federal, and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfers, compensation, benefits, training, programs, reductions in workforce, termination, and recall. Our facility strives to provide equal opportunity for employment to all individuals who are properly qualified and able to perform the duties of their employment, without regard to employees’ legally-protected characteristics (“protected class") including: age, sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex stereotyping, or genetic information.