SM Dental is looking to directly hire a Dental Assistant to work at the Oneida County Jail. This position is for 8 hours weekly.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide chair-side assistance by keeping operating field clear, passing instruments and suctioning.
- Sterilize instruments in the dental office.
- Responsible for mixing of restorative materials.
- Assist in taking intra-oral and extra-oral x-rays.
- Develop and mount x-ray films.
- Perform intra-oral tasks as defined by law. Ensure that there are a sufficient number of trays set up for the day’s patients: pulpotomy, caries control, amalgam, perio/scaling.
- Maintain x-ray unit, processor, autoclave and dental units according to specifications.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of dental clinic by cleaning the area daily and sanitizing the area weekly.
- Take inventory of supplies and equipment to maintain sufficient levels.
10. Order supplies and equipment as needed with approval of the dentist.
- Encourages, participates, and supports safety program components including development, education, training, and communications regarding mandatory OSHA trainings and employee health and safety programs.
- Must be willing to be trained by a licensed dental professional as per intent of the NCCHC standard J-E-06
SM Dental is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Please no phone calls or staffing firms.