To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Buffalo, NY
- Monina Moya
- Phone: 6464796342
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Director of Food & Beverage
Patina Restaurant Group - Patina 250 Restaurant • Buffalo, NY
Posted 21 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
seeks Director of Food and Beverage for Patina 250
Patina Restaurant Group, a bi-coastal boutique company, continues to grow as a leader in the premium segment of the restaurant industry! Boasting approximately 80 restaurants and food service operations in performing arts centers, Patina Restaurant Group offers outstanding career opportunities for talented & highly motivated professionals who have an eye for detail and an appreciation for the exceptional quality and level of service they stand for.
Patina Restaurant Group is passionately involved with the preservation and promotion of America's great cultural centers. Our family of restaurants are aligned with unique architectural landmarks and cultural institutions that strive to enrich the American experience through fine arts, dance, music, theatre and performance. PRG operates exciting restaurants in world famous locations: from Lincoln Ristorante at Lincoln Center to the Sea Grill at Rockefeller Center; timeless spaces like the Michelin-starred Patina at Walt Disney Concert Hall, or fresh new collaborations like Morimoto Asia or Chef Street in Macy’s Herald Square - our restaurants offer the finest in artisanal culinary inspirations.
Patina 250 offers casually refined, eclectic cuisine with a devotion to wood-fired cooking. Owned by Delaware North, which just celebrated its 100th year in the food business, Patina 250 is operated by its newest subsidiary, Patina Restaurant Group. Chef Homer Ford, returning to Buffalo after years in NYC, sources the best local ingredients of the region, presenting delectable small plates designed for sharing. The restaurant has a casually sophisticated, glowing, lounge-like atmosphere, offering a variety of areas to enjoy small bites, craft cocktails or a full dining experience. The space combines natural materials with a rich lushness, combining casual warmth with aspirational luxury.
For private events, the intimate private dining room comes complete with luxurious finishes, next to our exposed wine cellar. Located in the new Westin Buffalo, Patina 250 is open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late-night services coordinated by our talented team of culinary, beverage, and hospitality professionals who embody this world-class cultural dining experience. Patina Restaurant Group is seeking similarly passionate individuals to share in this vocation with us. We are dedicated to facilitating growth and development of our employees' careers in all fields.
THE POSITION SUMMARY:
Director of Food and Beverage
An immediate opportunity exists for a proven restaurant professional with the ability to maintain our high standards of quality and guest satisfaction. Patina Restaurant Group is searching for a Director of Food and Beverage to manage the quality of product and service for a selection of restaurants that excel beyond client expectations and fall in accordance with approved budgets. In addition, the Director of Food and Beverage will maintain excellent relationships with employees, guests and clients as well as other departments within the operation. This representative will participate in employee meetings, reviews and training programs while promoting the professional growth and development of the entire team. The Director must have a financial acumen for all areas including financial reporting with sales reports P&L reports, write and adhere to annual budgets and cash handling, analyze financial data and determine trends. He/she must ensure their restaurants are constantly adjusting to achieve the best possible service standards under sufficient profitability objectives and legal guidelines for our company. The ideal candidate must be a pioneer in service and lead their concepts to success with their exception team of talented restaurant professionals. Given these responsibilities, Patina Restaurant Group offers unlimited opportunity to build and grow as a hospitality professional, while maintaining friendly and enjoyable work environments with a healthy work life balance.
- Recruits, trains, and manages a staff of Executive Chefs and General Managers to ensure consistent delivery of our units’ product and service within the standards of budget, policies, procedures, and quality to satisfy all company standards and safety requirements.
- Manage and develop on-site management and operations for all responsible units.
- Maintains existing programs and works with Corporate Partners to develop new concepts that ensure the highest possible quality of food and service.
- Works with the Directors of Purchasing, Finance, Catering and Special Events to handle developmental issues in those divisions of your units.
- Communicates with landlords and clients and ensuring that their requests are being addressed and a good working relationship is developed.
- Be in close liaison with the client and other corporate executives to ensure consistency, profitability and sustainability in short and long-term projections.
- Connects with corporate partners and client needs to standardize and control food, beverage, and labor costs.
- Works with Human Resources to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed and ensures that the clients’ complaints and grievances are handled immediately.
- Ensures that the operations are maintained and follow local, state and federal guidelines.
- Minimum 5 years’ high-level supervisory experience in a multi-unit environment, must understand importance of cost controls.
- Degree in Hospitality, Marketing, Business, or applicable degree specializations required.
- Must have previous related experience in restaurants or food and beverage operations, preferably with corporate dining facilities and client relationships.
- Servsafe, Food Safety Handler, and Training for Intervention Procedures (TIPS) certification required.
- Strong financial and computer skills; has experience working with and an understanding of P&L’s and budgeting.
- Ability to navigate and utilize Microsoft Office Suite programs (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), appropriate point of sale (POS) systems, and any other required operating machines (i.e. online or digital reservation systems).
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays in addition to normal business hours, as needed.
- Candidate must be passionate for culinary excellence and customer service.
- Must have excellent leadership, organizational, communication, decision-making, and problem solving skills
- Must be able to multitask in a demanding, high volume environment under limited supervision.
- Professional demeanor and polished appearance with the ability to interact with patrons and all types of team members.
- Previous experience with pre-opening of a food and beverage venue is a plus.
We’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused individual with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at the Patina Restaurant Group EOE. PRG employees enjoy competitive compensation packages, major medical insurance options, paid vacations, matching 401K programs, and exciting company dining rewards. We are more than just an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Patina Restaurant Group enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive, and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.