Evening shift is offering a $1,000 Sign on Bonus!
The Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) position is to provide each of the assigned residents with routine daily nursing care and services in accordance with the resident’s care plan.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Provide personal care to residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort consistent with Bentwood Nursing & Rehab Center Clinical Policies and Procedures as well as state/federal guidelines and regulations.
● Provide morning care which may include bed bath, shower or whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over-bed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
● Provide evening care which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, cleaning over-bed tables, straightening room and other general care as needed.
● Report and record any changes observed in condition or behavior of residents and unusual incidents.
● Advise supervising staff of resident’s status at beginning and end of shifts.
● Assist RN and LPN with treatment procedures.
● Prepare resident for meals; serve and remove food trays and assist with meals or feeding resident if necessary.
● Assist Resident with the handling of personal property: Dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prosthetic devices, etc.
● Distribute drinking water and other nourishments to residents.
● Answer resident call lights, anticipate resident needs, and make rounds to assigned residents.
● Transport residents to and from various departments in the hospital.
● Assist in the preparation of admissions, transfers, and discharge of the residents.
● Promote a safe and clean environment for residents, family members, and staff members.
● Comply with the policies and procedures for safe lifting and/or safe transfer of residents.
● Assure equipment is clean and functional. Report any malfunctions to supervisor.
● Attend in-service training programs to maintain Nursing Assistant certification.
● Perform incidental housekeeping/maintenance task as required to maintain a safe, clean, and hazard-free environment for residents, visitors, and staff.
● Ability to function as a team leader and role model.
● Abide by the Bentwood Nursing & Rehab Center Clinical policies and procedures for Abuse Prevention.
● Perform other task and duties as assigned
● Uses correct body mechanics
● Ethical Practice.
● Relationship Management.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
Long Term Health Care and Rehabilitation Center.
● Ability to communicate in English via phone, in writing, and verbally in conversation with different levels of staff, patient families, and any outside customers.
● The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands or fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must routinely lift and/or move at least 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Ability to utilize a computer, phone, etc. for extended periods of time.
● While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood or other body fluids, fumes, or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.