To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1101 17th Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20037
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Assistant
Preferred Solutions Group • Washington, DC
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Preferred Solutions Group (PSG) is a woman owned business based in Washington, DC. An established part of the community, PSG has maintained effective and successful relationships with a diverse group of companies and federal agencies since its founding in 1987.
We are currently looking for an experienced Human Resources Assistant.
PSG is currently seeking an Human Resources Assistant to support our growing staff of federal government contractors. Our employees perform work on-site at our client locations throughout Maryland, DC, and Virginia and include Scientists, Researchers, Analysts, Coordinators and more. The Human Resources Assistant will work closely with the Employee Relations Director, serve as a liaison to our clients, and interact daily with our exempt/non-exempt employees. PSG offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401k.
- Conduct in-person new-hire orientations and process i-9 information. Handle onboarding, follow up, and associated training tracking. Also conduct counselings, terminations, interviews, and recruiting when required.
- Process local, domestic, and international travel (prepare travel proposals, make arrangements, submit reimbursements).
- Manage the monthly employee reporting process as well as the semi-annual in-person quality reviews.
- Handle reporting and processing for DOL, Workers Compensation, FMLA, and Occupational Health as well as assisting with other employee-centric functions.
- Assist employees with pay/benefit information, company policies, and any other questions that may arise.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced, stream-lined environment and adapt to changing directions at a moments notice. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work independently as well as in a team. As a small business, we work together daily to support our clients.
- Have experience communicating directly with employees and clients via email and phone.
- Have knowledge of employment law and human resources functions; government contracting experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel to our customer locations daily, weekly, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
**Applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.**