To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
201 East Main Street
Lexington, KY 40507
- Human Resources
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Manager
AMR Management Services • Lexington, KY
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Information Technology Manager
AMR Management Services has an exciting new opportunity available for an Information Technology (IT) Manager to join our company headquarters in Lexington, Kentucky.
The IT Manager will be a hands-on, proactive and creative leader knowledgeable in both the networking and infrastructure of the company as well as the various systems used to manage the business. The IT Manager will have a solid technical background and will be a positive and professional support to the company and our clients.
In this hands-on role you will:
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals, and office automation equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Utilize technology to provide AMR with a fast, accurate and secure method of gaining access to information so we can service clients in the fastest and most efficient manner possible.
- Manages the overall support of the AMR technical environment, including operating systems for the local area network, workstations and laptops; application software; communications software; communications hardware and software; cabling infrastructure, databases, etc.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services
- Works closely with AMR Directors and Executive Management to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Perform and/or assist with user training to provide productivity and effective utilization of technology
- Directs the development and maintenance of AMR web hosting services in a profitable manner
- Recommend computer equipment, software, materials and contractors to the AMR President as necessary to achieve the AMR and client goals and plans
- Manages company approved mobile devices including purchasing, maintenance, support and vendor management
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standard, purchasing, and service provision
- Keep current with the latest technologies
- Communicates cross-functionally at all levels within the company, including executive management
- Provides daily decision making on critical project issues and ensures all appropriate individuals are included or informed
- Attends and participates in management meetings and company strategic planning teams.
- Provide remote support to remote employees
- Performs other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent work ethic with flexible “can-do” attitude
- Results-driven commitment to success – capable of developing new initiatives from concept through implementation
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical consultants and non-technical staff members
- Knowledge of current aspects of technology management and support
- Skills to install computer equipment and various software programs
- Strong knowledge of IT terminology and concepts
- Ability to respond to common IT related inquiries or complaints from staff, clients and regulatory agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong problem-solving and customer service skills
- Ability to work well individually and in a team environment
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret software and equipment manuals, legal documents, technical reports, professional journals, and industry/trade publications
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems, Cloud based systems, Microsoft Office Suites, SQL database, LAN technologies, and web based languages
Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information Technology or closely related field
- Six years of related work experience in technology management and technical support experience in all phases of computer operations
If you are interested in joining a growing company committed to serving clients while providing employees with opportunities for growth, development and flexible working arrangements then please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements via CareerBuilder, attention Human Resources.
AMR is proud to be a Best Place to Work in Kentucky for four consecutive years; and recognizes this honor as further validation that the AMR way is helping create an environment that brings the best out of our employees.
AMR provides a comprehensive benefits package that includes a generous amount of Paid Time Off, Flexible Work schedules in addition to Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance, and 401(k).
To learn more about AMR Management Services, visit www.amrms.com