To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Pittsburgh, PA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Health Care Director
Confidential • Pittsburgh, PA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manages the 24/7 functioning of a home care department instilling an atmosphere of dedication and team work.
● Responsible for 24/7 “on call” coverage for the department.
● Develops and implements policy and procedures to support the delivery of care for the residents.
● Provides direct supervision and leadership to person-centered nursing and custodial care of residents.
● Oversees the management and supervision of home care staff and services.
● Oversees and ensures adequate provision of out-sourced services for residents.
● Responsible for developing and keeping operations within department budget.
● Follows residents admitted to the hospital, rehab or other health care facilities to ensure their care is adequately coordinated and managed in the facility.
● Over sees home care personnel.
● Ensures health records are maintained.
● Solicits, interviews, selects and trains department employees and volunteers to enhance and ensure quality of life.
● Ensures the provision of regular In-service training specializing on care of the aged and working with persons with dementia.
● Processes business mail.
● Reports to the Director of Health and Home Care Services with updates, challenges and opportunities.
● Other duties a necessary.
Education & Experience:
● Masters or the equivalent in the field of Human Services, Social Services, Healthcare Administration, Nursing, Home healthcare, Eldercare.
● Minimum of 5-10 years related experience leading and working collaboratively with a team.
● Proven managerial skills.
● Prior experience in the field of home health, gerontology, and dementia care.
● Ability to collaborate with outsourced services.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills Required:
● Ability to deal with people sensitively, and honestly
● Promoter of physical, psycho-social, emotional, and spiritual well-being.
● Excellent management skills, initiative and leadership ability.
● Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, flexible, and ability to establish priorities.
● Ability to cultivate effective working relationships with a broad range of employees and external contacts.
● Strong self-motivation, and sound decision-making ability.
● Solid computer skills.