To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Kearny, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Care Transitions Coordinator/Account Exec
Amedisys • Kearny, NJ
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Help bring life-changing services to patients through work with referral sources and clinical team
Bonuses and recognition:
Bonus plan, fleet car, ongoing training and recognition from leadership
Support and tools:
Shine on your own, with the support of a clinical and operations team, ongoing training and technology resources
Professional development to build skills and opportunities to advance
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home and commitment to clinical excellence
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do:
The Care Transitions Coordinator is a clinical liaison position between health care providers to ensure continuity of care for patients transitioning from a facility to home care or hospice environment. The position has two separate and distinct general responsibilities: (1) following the receipt of a valid referral for home health or hospice services, directly communicating with and assessing the patient to improve the patient’s transition from the inpatient to the home setting; and (2) developing the referral relationships of the agency within the community, in accordance with Amedisys policies and procedures.
- After a patient has selected Amedisys as his or her health care provider, the Care Transitions Coordinator visits the patient onsite to review the physician order, assess the patient’s clinical needs and gather clinical information. The Care Transitions Coordinator uses a Point of Service computer application to collect referred patient data onsite and transmit it to the agency.
- The Care Transitions Coordinator also facilitates patient involvement in his or her own care by providing education and obtaining the necessary information required for successful transition to home.
- The Care Transitions Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring the patient has a physician and obtains an order from that physician to oversee the home health plan of care.
- Face to Face documentation must also be noted in Point of Service computer and communicated to appropriate care center.
- The Care Transitions Coordinator is also responsible for establishing, growing and maintaining relationships with facility-based referral sources, in accordance with Company policies and procedures, by both communicating with existing referral sources and identifying new opportunities.
- The Care Transitions Coordinator has a strong focus to help reduce ACH 30 day -hospitalizations.
- Must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with one (1+) year experience in sales.
- One (1+) year successful sales experience within the healthcare industry.
- Current, unencumbered Registered Nurse license in the state of service. LPN, PT, OT, SLP and PA are considered in some cases.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining relationships within a competitive marketplace.
- Demonstrated organizational skills within a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle stressful situations/deadlines.
- Excellent oral/written communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with general use and functions of the computer, such as, user names and password concepts; internet; e-mail; navigation of computer desktop, including starting programs, using files, and windows, effectively use navigation buttons and tool bars; ability to self-manage online HR services and online training programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the health care delivery team.
- Ability to support the philosophy, objectives and goals of the hospice region.
- Ability to forecast needs, set priorities, and execute against developed strategies.
- Registered Nurse
- Experience in home health business development
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, nursing, or healthcare
- Not applicable.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
- Required Educational Qualifications (MUST HAVES IN RESUMES)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, nursing, or healthcare with one (1+) year experience in sales. (OR)
- Three (3+) years’ experience in healthcare sales or related industry (OR)
- One (1+) year experience within the last year selling to referral sources or building relationships within the healthcare industry.