To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
190 West 54th Street
Bayonne, NJ 07002
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Apartment Construction Manager
Woodmont Properties • Bayonne, NJ
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a leader in luxury residential real estate, our continued growth has created an opportunity for a Construction Project Manager at our newest luxury apartment community construction project in Bayonne, NJ.
Reporting to the Senior Construction Project Manager, the candidate will manage and direct the construction activities of a multi-family residential community to meet or exceed established project goals and milestones. In addition, the Project Manager will assure that construction is performed cost effectively, within budget and schedule, and completed to Woodmont Properties’ high standards.
Key Areas of Responsibilities includes:
- Manage and coordinate construction of building and sitework.
- Direct all contractors, vendors, on-site personnel, and activities.
- Assure schedules and budgets are met.
- Check and coordinate all architectural plans. Coordinate plumbing, electric, HVAC, telephone, cable, low voltage, structural, Energy Star certification and inspections, and other rough installations for locations and conflicts.
- Supervise/coordinate deliveries and count all materials, i.e. steel, lumber, roofing, siding, doors, windows, etc. as necessary.
- Perform plan review on all buildings to define exact look and components.
- Record construction progress, monitor quality of work, supervise contractors’ supervisors. Communicate with various contractors/vendors, assure proper and timely implementation of construction methods, and assure construction is free of defects.
- Liaison and coordinate sub-contractors, engineers, architects, town officials and town inspectors insure project progress and resolve problems or disputes, as necessary.
- Forecast contractor staffing and personnel requirements and allocate contractors and personnel based upon construction schedules and provide to management weekly.
- Supervise work of laborers. Determine number of laborers that are necessary. Assure time sheets are submitted and approved for work hours at each project.
- 15. Schedule and walk-through inspections with government regulators, building, fire, electric, plumbing, health department, town engineer inspectors, professionals, etc.
- Complete all required documentation, including reports/daily activity logbook.
- 10 years’ construction experience w/multifamily residential communities with prior experience as in project management with a successful builder of multi-family apartment communities.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of construction laws in New Jersey.
- Strong knowledge of apartment complex mechanical systems.
- Management of a large staff of laborers and construction workers.
- Experience in full cycle estimating and purchasing, from estimating to bidding through purchasing.
- Excellent scheduling, problem resolution, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated good judgment in recommendations and decisions in formulating and executing project strategy.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office suite and Timberline Management software systems.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter with salary requirements. .
Woodmont Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer