To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cockeysville, MD
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Fuel Systems Engineer
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology Inc., PBC • Cockeysville, MD
Posted 8 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We have a solid opportunity for a Mechanical Fuel Systems Engineer at our Hunt Valley, MD office. The selected candidate will be responsible, primarily, for supporting two (2) worldwide fuel system programs for a federal client, specifically in the areas of Underground Storage Tank (UST) and Fuel System compliance.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to, task management for compliance projects of varying sizes and complexity; fuel system leak detection testing support; regulatory review and analysis; fuel system design review, engineering evaluations of fuel systems for optimization strategies, coordination with various Government stakeholders; development of program management materials; permitting; oversight of subcontractors; technical report preparation; and project accounting.
Projects will include, but are not limited to: compliance, best management practice, and rapid response testing of Aboveground Storage Tanks (ASTs), USTs and fuel pipelines; conducting engineering and leak strategy evaluations for large fuel systems; regulatory review of fuel system regulations at local, State, Federal and international levels; compliance audits for federal fueling sites; contingency planning; development of SWPPP and SPCC Plans, environment auditing, as well as additional fuel facility related projects.
Experience and Education:
- B.S., B.E., M.S. or M.E. degree in chemical/environmental/civil/mechanical engineering. E.I.T./P.E. preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of three years of environmental compliance, regulatory and/or engineering experience with a working knowledge and understanding of federal/state regulations and environmental compliance. Specific experience with and knowledge of fueling systems, is preferred.
At EA, our core values are openness, prudence, balance, and challenge and we strive to improve the quality of the environment in which we live, one project at a time. Our engineering team works cohesively across all of EA’s service lines. Our professional, team centric culture promotes collaboration and flexibility and allows employees to guide their own career development path. To that end, we provide training and coaching to support ongoing development for our project managers, scientists, and consulting engineers.
Our culture values continuing education and personal development, and we offer competitive salaries, paid volunteer time, tuition reimbursement, and a comprehensive benefits package including a 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
EA Engineering, Science, and Technology, Inc., PBC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.
- The demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate with federal/state/local agencies and interface with clients in order to manage projects, track budgets and schedules, and coordinate extensive CONUS and OCONUS field efforts, including subcontractor and installation personnel.
- Extraordinarily strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to convey information, especially regarding regulatory requirements, at an appropriate level of communication with varying levels of project staff, project/program managers, and supervisor is a must.
- The desire to work as a team member across technical disciplines, and the capability to adhere to schedules, scopes, and budgets, as well as EA’s project management and quality standards.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and ability to learn quickly are critical.
- CONUS and OCONUS travel is required. Candidate must be comfortable both in the office and field.
- Due to client requirements and projects associated with this position, U.S. citizenship is required, as is the ability to successfully pass a background check to obtain the required security clearances.