To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
541 Baltimore Annapolis Boulevard
Severna Park, MD 21146
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Manager
Champion Realty • Severna Park, MD
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Purpose of Job
The IT manager implements and supports technology initiatives for the company and manages the IT department staff and resources. Works closely with executive management in defining and articulating the organization’s information technology objectives.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Manage information technology department activities and resources:
- Direct department activities to ensure successful maintenance, installation and improvement of company information technology systems.
- Provide help desk, network, system admin support
- Initiate and administer company-wide training on newly installed technology and software applications
- Assess and communicate effective methods to improve network security.
- Manage & evaluate the daily tasks and objectives of IT Technician.
- Participate in department activities and serve as expert resource to resolve complex issues.
- Maintain network functionality and connectivity. Perform back up process. Maintain network server, applications, database systems, workstations and printers. May assess, purchase, install and maintain software and hardware and reallocate used equipment.
- Provide technical support as requested or assigned. Monitor and troubleshoot network connectivity issues and other technical problems for sales agents and employees.
- Collaborate with Marketing Director on company wide marketing initiatives, event programs and company website and intranet.
- Audio visual experience with equipment used to enhance live events, such as microphones, video recorders, projectors, lighting and sound mixing equipment. Record meetings and presentations with video cameras, operate spotlights, adjust amplifiers, coordinate graphics used in displays and provide technical support for teleconferences, webinars and distance-learning classes. May also edit, copy and store videotapes and DVDs, track inventory of equipment and order supplies.
- Ensure network security. Maintain virus protection and firewalls. Provide backup and disaster recovery planning and execution for network servers and applications.
Administer user accounts and licensing:
- Create and maintain user accounts.
- Oversee configuration of staff and agent computers.
- Maintain software licensing, serial numbers and other paperwork for company systems.
- Optimize network functionality.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
AA degree in information systems, computer science or related field; or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
5+ years of diverse information technology experience.
1+ years of management experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
Effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
Excellent project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects concurrently.
Audio Visual experience
Experience with Marketing programs and objectives
Knowledge of application development concepts, relational database theory and systems, and network theory and systems.
Other (licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel, etc.):
Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours as needed to complete projects or resolve problems.