To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newtown, CT 06470
- Viking Resource Group
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Administrative Assistant / Manufacturing Team Support
Viking Resource Group • Newtown, CT
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Viking Resource Group has an immediate opening for an experience Administrative Assistant at a busy manufacturing firm located in the Newtown, CT area.
The right candidate will have strong administrative experience and some customer service experience, preferably in a Manufacturing environment.
Job duties for this position will include:
- Performing general administrative duties including faxing, filing, generating letters, documenting data and preparing reports in a swift and efficient matter
- Maintaining excellent attention to detail and following instructions regarding new duties
- Entering orders and customer data as well as other information into the database
- Generating purchase orders and distributing information regarding them
- Providing customers with updates over the phone and via e-mail
- Filing order information
- Providing management with data and progress reports on customer orders
- Filling in at the front desk as needed
The ideal person for this role will have excellent computer skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and strong math skills.
This position offers a base salary of $16-18/hr, good growth potential and an excellent benefits package after a probationary period.
Must have a high school diploma and some college background. AS Degree is a plus.
Must have 5+ years of experience in Administration (preferably in a Manufacturing or Production environment)
Must have 2+ years of customer interaction
Must have excellent computer skills including mastery of all MS Office programs
Must have excellent typing and data entry skills
Must have top notch written and verbal communication skills
Must have experience with purchase orders/order management
Must live within a reasonable commute of the Newtown, CT area