PCA Retirement & Benefits (RBI), an agency of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA), is seeking an experienced Staff Accountant to work at our home office located in Lawrenceville, Georgia. The Staff Accountant position is a full-time position and will not require travel. This position will report directly to the Controller.
The Staff Accountant role is responsible for the books and records, processes, and financial reporting for two of RBI's four funds: Insurance Benefits and Charitable Relief. Key responsibilities for this role include processing income and expense transactions and preparing not-for-profit financial statements in accordance with GAAP. The secondary function of this role is to manage projects and processes for the accounting department, including the coordination and preparation of the annual report. These functions imply the ability to exercise influence and build strong relationships internally and externally.
To effectively execute the responsibilities of this function, the qualified candidate will need a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a similar field, demonstrated work experience, strong Excel skills, and the ability to learn and use new software. Additionally, the qualified candidate will exhibit a passion for the work and mission of RBI, critical thinking, and collaborative engagement with the organization as a whole.
Overall, the candidate must be a committed Christian who is an active member of their local PCA church or other like-minded Christian church. The ideal candidate will have a heart of humility and a relationship with Jesus Christ that is apparent in daily life. The minimum requirements for this position include a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or a similar field, at least three years of relevant accounting experience. Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
PCA Retirement & Benefits offers a competitive compensation package that includes health, term life, long term disability, long term care, vision, and dental insurance, as well as a generous retirement plan contribution.
Please note that qualified candidates will be required to take a 1.5hr skills assessment before being scheduled for an interview.
- Monthly financial close for Insurance and Relief Funds
- Compile financial statements in accordance GAAP
- Manage the financial records for Insurance and Relief Funds including timely and accurate posting of transaction and general ledger entries, lockbox and online payments and reconciliations, Relief offering & award processing
- Administrate records and benefits processes for ServantCare and Cherish counseling
- Administration of Sec. 125 plan
- Research and support of insurance operations, including annual renewal and insurance rate calculations
- Quarterly Financial Reporting and preparation of Board docket reports for Insurance and Relief
- Cash Management of Insurance and Relief bank account balances
- Administrate banking relationship and user functions
- Coordinate annual audit and workpaper preparation; preparation of the annual report
- Participate in Board committee meetings as Accounting Team representative
Standard Accounting Practices