To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- La Plata, MD 20646
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Bilingual Patient Advocate (Spanish)
Cognizant • La Plata, MD
Posted 28 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Patient Advocate will assist clients with applications for benefits through Medicaid, Social Security Disability and/or hospital charity program assistance. We ensure that Medicaid, Social Security, County Indigent or other types of eligible funding for health care services is received for patients onsite at a local hospital. This includes assisting the patients and others to complete forms, applications and other paperwork. Other duties will be assigned.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and review patient information to determine patient's eligibility for Medicaid and charity programs
- Prepare documents; review for accuracy and completeness
- Provide technical assistance on agency issues, services, program(s)
- Maintain and/or create files or record keeping systems. Sort, label file and retrieve documents or other materials
- Ensure adequate documentation is maintained
- Manage caseload. (uphold daily productivity standards)
- Computer proficiency skills are required
- Retrieve, sustain and communicate all designated reports
- Maintain database (This would include documentation of face-to-face and telephone patient contacts. Daily goals will be assigned and monitored)
- Develop and maintain professional relationship with hospital staff
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Degree preferred but not required
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Must have valid driver’s license and willing to travel locally if needed
- We are seeking professionals who are compassionate about helping those in need
- Previous experience working with Medicaid eligibility and/or in a medical office setting is an advantage
- Must have the ability to maintain and respect confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines
- Must be highly effective in working objectively with a diverse group of people and must demonstrate communication, organizational, administrative and time managerial skills
- Flexibility is a must in both schedule and job duties
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8am -4:30pm