To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
- Dave Wright
- Phone: (847) 805-5107
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Brilliant Management Resources - Chicago, Dallas & Ft. Lauderdal • Chicago, IL
Posted 30 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Our client, a Professional Service organization in the Chicago Loop is in need of an Investment Accountant. The need is immediate for a consulting basis. The Investment Accountant will be responsible for a wide range of monthly, quarterly and annual accounting functions associated with the organization’s diverse $6 billion investment portfolio. The Investment Accountant will report to the Senior Manager of Investments. The Investment Accountant responsibilities and requirements are listed below:
INVESTMENT ACCOUNTANT Responsibilities:
• Recording and reconciling investment transactions and balances
• Preparing monthly journal entries for the recording of investment activity
• Designing and preparing quarterly investment reports
• Creating and performing ad hoc queries and analyses
• Communicating with insurance subsidiaries, custodial banks and insurance regulators
• Prepare and analyze various exhibits supporting internal and external financial reports
• Utilize GAAP principles to the prepare financial statements, audit reports and related filings
• Prepare analytical schedules and provide analytical support based on internal customer requests
• Participate in process improvement projects
• Assist with aspects of team projects, assignments and team responsibilities
• Implement, report, and communicate the impact of business and accounting related initiatives
INVESTMENT ACCOUNTANT Requirements:
• BA/BS degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA or CPA candidate a plus
• 4+ years' experience with investment and/or insurance accounting experience a strong plus
• Excellent written and verbal skills with ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Ability to identify, analyze and solve accounting issues
• Experience with CAMRA, Investran, Crystal Reports, and Webfilings a strong plus
• Works effectively in a team environment and maximizes team effectiveness
• Organizational, problem solving, detail oriented, oral and written communication
• Flexibility to adapt to changing work priorities and assignments
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize workloads/demands and work across various departments
• Shows initiative, self-motivated, professional demeanor, and desire to learn
If you or anyone you know is interested and qualified, please apply!