As our customers look for opportunity in a world of rapid change and technology disruption, they trust Celestica to deliver the most advanced design, engineering and manufacturing expertise for their highly sophisticated and complex electronics and related products. At Celestica, you have the opportunity to shape your career among an inclusive, diverse group of experienced employees and talented newcomers working around the globe.
The Senior Accountant will prepare, analyze, and interpret financial results for utilization by management in the decision-making process. Maintain general accounting systems to properly record all financial transactions and records in accordance with GAAP.
· Prepares and interprets monthly and quarterly financial statements for internal and external reporting purposes.
· Prepares financial information with detailed analysis of variances to forecast and plan identifying areas of financial concern requiring action.
· Prepares and analyze key financial and operational metrics. Presents and make recommendations to management as a result of analysis.
· Prepare manual accounting entries and monitor system generated entries to ensure that financial statements are accurate and stated in accordance with GAAP.
· Monitor and maintain subsidiary records and resolve discrepancies as required. Prepare monthly account reconciliations for a series of balance sheet accounts.
· Ensures financial controls are in place to properly record transactions in accordance with GAAP. Ensures provisions and other accounting processes are in accordance with corporate policies.
· Interface with auditors on area of responsibility.
· Responsible to standardize accounting processes and implement best practices to ensure procedures are as efficient and effective as possible.
· Project leader on cross-functional projects as required.
· Cost accounting will be a key focus area for this position.
· Ability to consolidate, manipulate and analyze large quantities of data.
· Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining attention to detail and accuracy and working under tight time deadlines.
· Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external customers.
· Ability to recommend accounting process changes based on intimate knowledge of accounting processes, policies and procedures.
· Ability to research accounting rules in both U.S. GAAP and GAAP of relevant country.
· Ability to create a profit center or cost center budget identifying key plan drivers.
· Ability to bridge between actual, plan and forecast, analyzing mix impacts and summarizing in management reports.
· Provide recommendations based on interpretation of results.
· Ability to direct others on accounting practices.
· Ability to design/create queries and understands what creates the output.
· Firm understanding of Microsoft Excel formulas: vlookup, If/than, Sum if/product etc.
· Ability to design custom queries in job-related software.
· Understanding of the relationships between the various tools.
3 to 6 years of relevant accounting experience
Public accounting experience is preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
CPA or has the hours to pursue the credential.