SIGN ON BONUS of $1000!
Full Time position
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Assisted Living Staff Nurse is responsible for the supervision and provision of resident nursing services while adhering to Assisted Living regulations and CRISTA policies and procedures
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES: (Responsibilities, Accountabilities, and Competencies; May not include all duties of this job)
- Order, manage, administer, and dispose of medications per regulations and policies.
- Initiate and/or amend residents’ Care Plans and Functional Assessments according to facility policy.
- Provide nursing services per Care Plan.
- Provide on-going assessment of residents and update the physician.
- Carry out physician’s orders in a timely manner and understand the purpose as it relates to residents condition.
- Follow facility policies and procedures as well as Assisted Living regulations for resident care.
- Coordinate contracted health related services (PT, OT, ST, Home health, Hospice, Dentist, Podiatrist, Eye Doctor, etc.).
- Assist with and organize admission interviews as needed. Assess prospective residents for appropriate placement.
- Provide orientation to new staff.
- Provide oversight and training for nurse delegation process and tasks. (RN)
- Rotate on-call assignment to support the Caregivers 24/7.
- Ensure defensive documentation related to residents care has been entered.
- Assume responsibility for daily management of electronic medical records including daily check of the exception report, entering new orders, etc.
- Inform designated family or DPOA of medical emergencies fall or injuries, change of condition, or any other appropriate information.
- Participate in education of staff, residents, and families. Maintain personal certification and training requirements.
- Investigate incidents, accidents, and errors. Assist with education and follow-up.
- Organize and lead care conferences with residents and family members.
- Oversee and maintain Caregiver Performance Logs per HR schedule and as needed.
- Provide input to change processes where necessary or beneficial. Support Director of Health Care Services and CRISTA AL as the changes occur.
- Work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and residents.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Assist with Caregiver’s supervision including Performance Logs.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Christian Commitment: Strong Christian commitment and personal faith in Christ demonstrated in behavior and attitude.
Past experience working in the healthcare industry.
Licensure/Certification: Current Washington State RN or LPN license.
Software and Equipment Used: Outlook, Excel, Vision (HMX), and standard medical equipment. Computer proficiency.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make decisions quickly.
- Specialty training for Assisted Living or willingness to be trained.
- Foster an environment of trust, collaboration and leading by example.
- Interact with residents’ family members in a professional manner.
- Participate in and be willing to lead devotions on occasion. Pray with staff or residents as opportunities arise.
- Ability to work collaboratively with supervisor, coworkers and residents.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Any Equivalent Combination of Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education and Experience)
Experience: Long Term Care experience.
Licensed Practical Nurse
Long Term Care