Summary: Responsible for the general management of the Colorado office. Develop Industrial customer relationships focusing on the western states and other defined territories. Solicit construction contracts or bid opportunities for new construction, retrofit and facilities maintenance. Review new business opportunities with the Vice President of Project Development and Vice Presidents of Operations. Direct project reviews to ensure jobsite safety, productivity and profitability.
Travel:Travel is required approximately 50% of the time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Compile lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from customer contacts, newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other sources.
- Travel throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers or talks with customers by phone to solicit orders (2-3 days per week).
- Display or demonstrate services offered, using project biographical data, brochures, and sell sheets.
- Work with project managers to present price quotations or bids based on knowledge of customer’s needs, costs and schedule requirements.
- Constant follow up on bids and proposals submitted to customer. Coordinates with operations and estimating departments on any additional clarification.
- Identify new leads and manages lead follow-up.
- Work with sales and marketing department to keep account activities and literature up to date.
- Work with the Vice President of Project Development to prepare reports of planned itineraries and customer call lists and keeps accurate expense accounts.
- Develop and maintain relationships with purchasing, engineering and construction departments of customers.
- Investigate and resolve customer problems.
- Attend trade shows.
- Evaluate specifications to plan procedures, start and completion times, and staffing requirements for each phase of construction.
- Ensure proper procurement of tools, equipment and materials to be delivered at specified times to conform to work schedules.
- Manage supervisory and project coordinator personnel, inspectors, and suppliers to resolve construction problems and improve construction methods.
- Maintain positive financial posture for assigned operational projects and monitors cost analysis activities on a routine basis.
- As directed by the Vice President of Project Development and Vice President of Operations, establish and monitor department short-term and long-range plans consistent with overall corporate objectives.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree from four year college or university, or 5-7 years related construction experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills:To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MS Excel and Word.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must be self-motivated, aggressive, confident, articulate and well organized.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
AZCO INC. and AZCO Construction, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers: Minorities, Women, Veterans, and Disabilities.