JT4 is seeking conducting a national search an Electrical Design Engineer for our facility at Edwards Air Force Base in Lancaster / Palmdale, California.
· Design and model aircraft instrumentation systems (PCM, 1553 data bus, telemetry, video and data acquisition and recording systems, power and control interfaces, and packaging).
· Build, manage and lead a team of drafters and design engineers, both mechanical and electrical. Provide technical direction to engineers, model makers, and electrical technicians for instrumentation hardware buildup and installation.
· Prepare and maintain instrumentation configuration control documentation and modification packages.
· Develop, issue, and verify aircraft instrumentation checkout procedures.
· Ability to create and interpret electrical schematics and mechanical drawings for hardware installation, troubleshooting and checkouts using both AutoCAD and SolidWorks cad programs. Complete understanding of analog and digital electronic principles.
· Understand parameter calibration and raw data to engineering unit conversions.
· Working knowledge of Personal Computers using word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, theory of constraints, and databases.
· Must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution
· Minimum of 4 years of instrumentation engineering experience
· Must have mastery of concepts, principles, and practices of engineering that enables the employee to serve as a technical authority on projects relating to the specific programs. The position requires knowledge and skill sufficient to apply the latest developments in engineering to solve problems in the specialty area along with excellent communication and analytical skills.
· Must have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools and possess planning/organizing skills.
· The position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software.
· Must have a valid, current state driver's license.
· Must have and maintain a current Security Clearance.
· U.S. Citizenship is required.
Computer Aided Design
Computer Aided Manufacturing